Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Junk yard discovery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
R_u_dd
While I sit here at the DMV I thought about telling my experience this morning while at the junk yard. I went in to get a TPS for my subaru conversion and saw a 914 parked there. For a 914 guy to see one of these in a junk yard is tragic so I took a picture or two. Turns out that it's a 71 just like mine. I talked to the yard owner and found that it is his and he won't be parting it out but plans to make one restored car out of two. I found his other 914 buried under some junk. I took both vin numbers and will post to the database.

The yellow car has less rust issues and the maroon car will be the doner. The maroon car is complete. It was on the coast so has rust issues. The yellow car has nice four bolt Fuchs and a center console.

I am pleased that the owner will be restoring one of these cars. My first impression was how do I buy this car and save it from being pillaged. But it appears to be on the right track. Posting pictures shortly.

R_u_dd
The cars are at Indian Creek Dismantlers, Grants Pass, OR

Here's some pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

jor
When I see a car, like the yellow one, disassembled all willy-nilly, disorganized without any visible cataloguing and buried in seemingly random parts, I just get the sense that -- no matter how good the intentions -- it'll never make it back to the road. dry.gif

Is it just me?
R_u_dd
QUOTE(jor @ Sep 23 2016, 02:35 PM) *

When I see a car, like the yellow one, disassembled all willy-nilly, disorganized without any visible cataloguing and buried in seemingly random parts, I just get the sense that -- no matter how good the intentions -- it'll never make it back to the road. dry.gif

Is it just me?

You may be right. On the other hand, he showed me a picture of his other Porsche, a very nice 1980s 911. Maybe there is hope yet. He sold two other 914's to SoCal, so he seems to have an appreciation for what he's got.
fixer34
Front chrome bumper and rubber top don't look too bad on the maroon one. I also noticed no side marker lights. Import?
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Sep 23 2016, 06:05 PM) *

Front chrome bumper and rubber top don't look too bad on the maroon one. I also noticed no side marker lights. Import?

maybe but looking at the naked sail panels and color matched roof I'd lean toward a previous resto that included side marker delete

beerchug.gif
cjl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.