Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914/6 With COA Rebuilt motor Sounds Awesome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Heeltoe914
SOLD SOLD SOLD THANKS 914WORLD

1970 PORSCHE 914-6 A True Factory 6

This is a great running, very good sounding original 6. Pulls hard and goes through the gears great. Hold on and get ready for the twist and turns of your local canyons. This car feels at home on the road, Well mannered as a mid engine car should be. Its quick and will keep you alert on acceleration, very fast little car.
Has a rebuilt 2.4T motor with about 7000 miles on motor over 14 years small oil leak as most all air cooled Porsche do. Has standard matching 9146 trans. Al Reed refinished rim with 205/50/15 tires. Very clean and straight body but paint needs work in spots. NO RUST on this car A big plus. The car stops and perform very well on the road. For my standard I would do all new turbo tie rods and ball joints and a set of front shocks for that race car feel if you so desire.
Black on Black interior. 5 Speed. Original color was Signal orange. Car just needs a new home & is very much ready to go and ready to drive. $45K firm is the asking price. Will help with shipping..
Call Leamon 818 266 7774 Anytime
Heeltoe914
a few more
3stewarts
Looks like " the deal of the century" to me!
If only I had the cash....
AlanG
QUOTE(3stewarts @ Sep 24 2016, 01:45 PM) *

Looks like " the deal of the century" to me!
If only I had the cash....

agree.gif
iwanta914-6
Has this not sold yet?
Dominic
Do you have the original engine for the car? If not what is the serial number of the engine on the COA?

Dominic
Do you have the original engine for the car? If not what is the serial number of the engine on the COA?

pete000
I have seen this car in person. This is probably the best deal on a real 914-6 on the planet !
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Sep 29 2016, 02:13 PM) *

Has this not sold yet?

Iwanta914-6, are you asking because your ready to jump in biggrin.gif
bruinbro
I'm going to look at this car hopefully tomorrow. I know a non-matching engine will significantly lower the value from the 90-100k numbers that these are selling for, but how much is no heater boxes/non-OEM exhaust, non-original paint color and air dam worth as a negative? Otherwise, this baby looks sweet.

For this price is it a better deal than a pristine 6 conversion of a 1970 4 using all 914-6 bits?

Thanks,
Steve
mr2by4
QUOTE(bruinbro @ Oct 11 2016, 11:22 PM) *

I'm going to look at this car hopefully tomorrow. I know a non-matching engine will significantly lower the value from the 90-100k numbers that these are selling for, but how much is no heater boxes/non-OEM exhaust, non-original paint color and air dam worth as a negative? Otherwise, this baby looks sweet.

For this price is it a better deal than a pristine 6 conversion of a 1970 4 using all 914-6 bits?

Thanks,
Steve

Any car can be converted. Only a real six can be restored. Do you want a driver or are you looking for potential appreciation? If you want a driver, save yourself money and get a hot-rod six. If you want a piece of history, you have t start with a real vin.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Oct 12 2016, 06:05 AM) *

Thanks,
Steve

Any car can be converted. Only a real six can be restored. Do you want a driver or are you looking for potential appreciation? If you want a driver, save yourself money and get a hot-rod six. If you want a piece of history, you have t start with a real vin.

agree.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(396 @ Oct 2 2016, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Sep 29 2016, 02:13 PM) *

Has this not sold yet?

Iwanta914-6, are you asking because your ready to jump in biggrin.gif

I'd love to but it would quickly be followed with divorce papers... biggrin.gif
bruinbro
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Oct 12 2016, 03:05 AM) *

Thanks,
Steve

That's the rub. Will this car appreciate with the known deficiencies? I'm a previous-6 owner and have seen how the market value has exploded from 1997 when I sold mine. But the big increase has been for complete OEM cars. Just looking for thoughts on the impact due to the mods.
Heeltoe914
Good morning thanks for the comments and taking the time to look at this car. As mentioned the biggest mod, is the engine. Which is now a great running well tuned 2.4T MFI motor ( Running 40 Webers carbs now). Paint would be part of the restoration if someone decided to go in that direction. As a driver, a canyon carver, a RRC or WCC2020 event car, you would be great driving, good looking & very powerful Original 914-6.
The front Valance & blacked out trim are all parts that can be had here online.
Heater boxes OE, Transmission is serial numbered as a 914-6 trans, 85% Original interior. Rear truck with jack OE, front truck complete. Yes I have the Certificate of Authenticity form Porsche with Engine number listed. Car has no accidents, and has a clean Title and clean Car fax in hand from years back.
Car is complete with all functions working well. Contact me lets go for a drive, The sound and the power will hit you harder than a Starbucks Expresso.
Kind of hard to imagine loosing money on a 6 at this price.
Have a great day. Car will likely be out Oct. 23 for the R&G swap in Riverside??
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(bruinbro @ Oct 12 2016, 07:47 AM) *

QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Oct 12 2016, 03:05 AM) *

Thanks,
Steve

That's the rub. Will this car appreciate with the known deficiencies? I'm a previous-6 owner and have seen how the market value has exploded from 1997 when I sold mine. But the big increase has been for complete OEM cars. Just looking for thoughts on the impact due to the mods.

Update to this email ;
Heater boxes / exhaust Muffler OEM. with installed flapper boxes.
Air dam I may have one in my parts bin for the right Buyer
Or finding a clean front valance expect to pay about $300
Paint and engine reflected in asking price. Keep in mind the motor is very disirable by the 911 guys selling it for 11K would be money toward finding and putting a 914-6 numbered or matching case back into the car.
bruinbro
Met Leamon and saw the car (along with his yellow -6, his red -6, a green 914 for a customer and his race buggy beerchug.gif ). Car is everything as advertised, although the paint was "sub-optimal" in several places. No biggie as it spoil be repainted in the original color. Amazed that the heater boxes were not rusted!

I've started the purchase process that involves getting an appraisal for my credit union. Might be able to take possession next week. Guess I need to get back into the air cooled mindset and rejoin POC and PCA.

So, when and where is the next Porsche/914 shindig in the SoCal area?
Mike Fitton
Appraisal for Credit Union? Lol!
Blue6
QUOTE(bruinbro @ Oct 14 2016, 06:02 PM) *

Met Leamon and saw the car (along with his yellow -6, his red -6, a green 914 for a customer and his race buggy beerchug.gif ). Car is everything as advertised, although the paint was "sub-optimal" in several places. No biggie as it spoil be repainted in the original color. Amazed that the heater boxes were not rusted!

I've started the purchase process that involves getting an appraisal for my credit union. Might be able to take possession next week. Guess I need to get back into the air cooled mindset and rejoin POC and PCA.

So, when and where is the next Porsche/914 shindig in the SoCal area?

G&R swap in riverside on the 23rd. Lots of eye candy....
bruinbro
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Oct 14 2016, 06:38 PM) *

Only way they will loan for a a classic.
patrick3000
QUOTE(bruinbro @ Oct 14 2016, 11:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Oct 14 2016, 06:38 PM) *

Only way they will loan for a a classic.

You have other options

http://www.woodsidecredit.com/application/

https://www.jjbest.com/auto-finance/collect...-financing.aspx
bruinbro
Thanks for the suggestions, got the appraisal and will be doing the loan on Monday. 3.85%.

I'm back in the 914 world!
bruinbro
Deal fell through. Credit union decided to lower the amount they would lend and I couldn't make up the difference. So, the car is still for sale. Hope it sells, it's a great car and a great deal.

Steve
jor
I can only imagine Bruinbro's pain. sad.gif

I saw this car at the La Canada CA cars/coffee last Saturday and it's as advertised. It has a low, menacing stance and looks mean in black on black. Just a good, solid, real /6, not overly modified, that would be a blast tearing around the SoCal canyons.
bruinbro
I can't imagine my pain.

Bump for a great car.
Heeltoe914
SOLD SOLD SOLD

THANKS WORLD OF 914s
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.