Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aftermarket wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
9144guy
driving-girl.gif i have seen all the stock wheels avalible, was wondering what else was out there. heres a pic of mine..i want something else
dlo914
hehe good o'l rivieras...what's the width on those?
riverman
Do a search on this forum. You'll find this topic gets discussed very frequently and there are lots of responses with pics.

Good luck!

Here's a pic of some Revolution RZX 17x7's
Joe Ricard
Just sold my Pedrini's for 300
CptTripps
SLIM pickings....

This get's broought up all the time...Hell, I think I even did once or twice.

There are way of modding certain honda rims, but I'm not a machinist...and don't play one on TV.
Mueller
For brand new wheels, Revolution Wheels and Panasport and a few race only* wheels are available that'll bolt right on.

*3-piece and start at about $350 each

You could re-drill your hubs to a different 4 bolt pattern, but there are other issues to deal with afterwards..
CptTripps
I've always thought it'd be better to convert to 5-lugs and get a set of Boxter rims...
Mueller
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 18 2005, 08:13 AM)
I've always thought it'd be better to convert to 5-lugs and get a set of Boxter rims...

thats too easy smile.gif
d914
4- lug?

Circle or diamond with steel and or al custom offsets not to much $$$.
Fuchs, possibly some old bbs's, panasports, minilites, all of the custom race companys like kodiak and such, bigger money. Mine with fuchs.....
Yoei66
I've been waiting for a set of fake fuchs for two months now. I gess the manufacturer is out, so I'll have to wait until they make a run of them again, someday. I started looking around to see what else will fit the 4 x 130 mount, I stumbled across these on the web yesterday. Made bt ATS...
Mueller
QUOTE (Yoei66 @ Apr 18 2005, 09:20 AM)
I've been waiting for a set of fake fuchs for two months now. I gess the manufacturer is out, so I'll have to wait until they make a run of them again, someday. I started looking around to see what else will fit the 4 x 130 mount, I stumbled across these on the web yesterday. Made bt ATS...

why??? get a set of "real" Fuchs.....normally priced from 300 to 400 a set...the fakes ones cannot be that much cheaper wacko.gif
Yoei66
Simply put, real ones will cost me more.

I decided to go with the fakes, because they are freshly polished & painted. The package price I got from the local tire store was only slightly more (about $50 bucks) than the sets of used I've seen advertised, plus new lug bolts, plus mounting are in my package. I would have to pay more for a real set after spending time and money on polishing & painting supplies, lugs, and mounting. However I'm still playing the waiting game.
grantsfo
Does Panasport make a 15x7 that fits 4 bolt pattern with proper offset ? I was thinking of giving them a call.
TravisNeff
I just called Panasport last week.

15x6 street wheels (comes with center caps) +30 offset 264.00. They can do 15x7, they have to be machined (so I was told) and they are their racing wheels - not for road use. Offsets from +25 to +40. You would probably want the +40 to fit in your wheel wells, they run $310.00

What about the BRM flat 4 wheels, 4 spoke jobbers for about $110. Look a little funky but might be that different look you are after.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Apr 18 2005, 10:27 AM)
I just called Panasport last week.

15x6 street wheels (comes with center caps) +30 offset 264.00. They can do 15x7, they have to be machined (so I was told) and they are their racing wheels - not for road use. Offsets from +25 to +40. You would probably want the +40 to fit in your wheel wells, they run $310.00

What about the BRM flat 4 wheels, 4 spoke jobbers for about $110. Look a little funky but might be that different look you are after.

BRM's are made for bugs tho...like riv's, the offset kills ya.....
195 tire MAX
nebreitling
except for ATS, Revolution, and Panasport, i don't believe there are any companies currently making wheels for our cars...

there were a few more companies in the 70's and 80's though -- every once in a while something will come up on ebay.

Aaron Cox
anyone get a pic of the wheels on herb meeders car at the SD dinner? those were wierd....

he said they were 'haney' wheels
URY914
I thought someone had a website that listed/showed all the wheels for the 914.

If not we should all post a picture of ours and nail it somewhere here for referance.

Paul
maf914
QUOTE (Yoei66 @ Apr 18 2005, 08:20 AM)

Way back, I bought a set of 15" x 5.5" silver ATS Road Stars as shown in the photo. I had 185/70 x 15 tires on them. I thought they looked pretty good and I used them for several years. The one problem was the offset. I guess it was a beetle offset, because I don't think any larger tire wold fit in the rear without pulling the fender. The quality was very good I thought. I sold them to a fellow on the bird board a couple of years ago.
Aaron Cox
sum mo'

pedriniuser posted imageFuchsuser posted image mahle user posted image
Empi 8 spoke user posted image American Racing 'libre' user posted image steelie user posted image eww.. riv's user posted image ATS user posted image
HRE/Panosports user posted image
centerlines user posted image
momo user posted image
enkeis
user posted image
revo's user posted image

and...and wtf is this? user posted image
v82go

Minilites are available for our 4 lug cars, $310 ea including centercap and lugs for
a 15 x 6.5". @ http://www.minilitewheels.com/

PS takes about 6 to 8 weeks to have a set made
TravisNeff
Backspace on the BRM's are 3 5/8" so that should give you a positive offset of 1.875" My enkeis have a 20mm offset so the postiive offset (from the back of the hub mount)is 1.97 - these BRM's might be a decent fit.

A little fender rolling might be in order, I can fit 205x50's on empis on the rear with a little tugging of the fender, 195x60's on westerns/dan gurney wheels with the same amount of room.
Porsche Rescue
These are ATS, 5.5x15 with 205/60's, stock fenders.
Porsche Rescue
7x15 Revolutions on my AX car. Not cheap, $999 per set. Not sure if that includes bolts, plus shipping.
Joe Ricard
Who's got a weight on the Revolutions. 15 x 7 ?????
Porsche Rescue
That's the bad news. About 6 lbs. per wheel more than 2.0 Fuchs.
I put a bunch of fiberglass on to lose weight, then added 24 lbs of unsprung weight! Hope money spent on wheels and money spent on f.glass aren't cancelling each other out.
I was advised by a very experienced 914 autocrosser that 7's would make more difference than any other improvement. The 205/50 V. Racers sure seem to like them better. Sidewalls not all pinched in like on 5.5 Fuchs. Yesterday was first time out and it was wet so hard to tell yet if I gained or lost.
Aaron Cox
i hear the 17x7 revs are heavy mofo's
grantsfo
These guys in Japan sell Fuch replicas and some others with not ideal offsets:

http://www.flat4.co.jp/drive/4lug/914/914.html
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 18 2005, 12:03 PM)
i hear the 17x7 revs are heavy mofo's

yep....I want to say 22 a pop....do I care? not really, it's for a street car and I know with the extra material they'll have the strength to take the abuse of the road..............it's all a trade off...one thing for another....
Greg
These were built by Custom Racing Specialties in California back in the 80's with an off-set specific to the 914. Unfortunately they're out of business now.
Aaron Cox
who wants to put a webpage together with all the 4 lug wheels known to fit 914s?
TheCabinetmaker
Rusty has one on his website, but it hasn't been updated lately. There is another one here too.

Oh yeah, don't the forget the Western wink.gif
Demick
Someone found these awhile back - they appear as if they should fit. Lightweight rim at a pretty good price. Here's the thread on it:

914world.com thread

user posted image

Demick
Aaron Cox
unfortuneatly they are in austrailia....
grantsfo
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 18 2005, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 18 2005, 12:03 PM)
i hear the 17x7 revs are heavy  mofo's

yep....I want to say 22 a pop....do I care? not really, it's for a street car and I know with the extra material they'll have the strength to take the abuse of the road..............it's all a trade off...one thing for another....

Yikes 22 lbs for a 17x7 wheel! ...thats heavy even for street use. My 17x8 street wheels for my 3400 lb Audi weigh 20 lbs! The rims that the 20lb wheels replaced were 24lbs and I can feel the difference in acceleration in a 250 hp Audi. I can only imagine how slow those make a 914 feel. I have 11 lb street wheels on my 2000lb Toyota and have put 40,000 hard miles on those rims without a single issue.

They made these custom for 914's and didnt think about keeping them lightweight? I wonder how much the 15x7's they make weigh? I think they could have made these a little lighter and not sacraficed durability for street use.
Mueller
in all fairness for the Revolution wheels...they are designed for Rally racing, not your typical and less abused road racing/auto-x venue smile.gif

guywan914
Riverman, curious what tire combination you are running with those 17x7 rev's. Looks like you have original fenders without flares.
Mueller
QUOTE (guywan914 @ Apr 18 2005, 05:39 PM)
Riverman, curious what tire combination you are running with those 17x7 rev's. Looks like you have original fenders without flares.

those 17x7 are designed for bone stock fenders...I have the same rims...205/45/17's.....perfect offset of 35mm
Porsche Rescue
My scale said 13+ lbs. for fuchs, 19+ for Revolution 7x15.
Eric Taylor
I've got a set of these if your interested. Brand new rubber. The paint can be stirpped off and the wheels are silver underneath.
Eric
Mueller
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Apr 18 2005, 05:57 PM)
I've got a set of these if your interested. Brand new rubber. The paint can be stirpped off and the wheels are silver underneath.
Eric

I thought those have a different and smaller 4 bolt pattern....nice car, I miss my '88 90 Quattro
Brad Roberts
Mueller,

it is threads like this that make me want to PUKE barf.gif

We know what needs to be done.

B
Eric Taylor
Your right muller it's totally different, because I put up the wrong picture. I'll change it smile.gif. Those are the rims I want for my 93 audi 90. They are pertty wub.gif
Eric
jgiroux67
And this is why I went five lug. No 4 lug wheels looked that great and none were big enough to fill gt flares. Although these looked pretty good
Mueller
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 18 2005, 06:09 PM)
Mueller,

it is threads like this that make me want to PUKE barf.gif

We know what needs to be done.

B

I hear ya...I "need" a set of those as well for my big brake upgrade smile.gif
jgiroux67
Forgot the pic. They dont look 4 lug but they came off a four lug car(not mine)
Hammy
I like the rivieras.. anyone know anything about them?
Mueller
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Apr 18 2005, 06:16 PM)
And this is why I went five lug. No 4 lug wheels looked that great and none were big enough to fill gt flares. Although these looked pretty good

tons of 4-lug rims for GT flares if you wanted to use 4 to 4 adapters which are perfectly safe......I would have done that had I had GT flares...
Mueller
QUOTE (Hammy @ Apr 18 2005, 06:19 PM)

your kidding right??? smile.gif

Riv's came about to give cheap bug owners a way to think they have 5 lug Fuchs......too skinny and most have a crappy offset to put decent size tires on them.....Rivs are good to put on a 914 that you are trying to get rid of....
Hammy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 18 2005, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (Hammy @ Apr 18 2005, 06:19 PM)

your kidding right??? smile.gif

Riv's came about to give cheap bug owners a way to think they have 5 lug Fuchs......too skinny and most have a crappy offset to put decent size tires on them.....Rivs are good to put on a 914 that you are trying to get rid of....

I just think they look.... nice smile.gif I don't really mind if they're fuchs look-a-likes. Then what else is out there besides going 5 lug?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.