Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Soggy Fuel Lines to Gates Barricade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tastyplacement
Fuel lines were soggy, and leaking, entire area shows evidence of fuel pooling:

IPB Image

New Gates Barricade throughout...$40 of fuel line and about 3 hours for the whole car (the Imposter, 550 replica with 914 motor and drive train)

IPB Image

What's the feeling on turning tight corners with fuel hose? also, it's not a production car, so I have got to secure the lines somehow, are zip ties just a future disaster waiting to happen?
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(Tastyplacement @ Sep 24 2016, 04:39 PM) *

Fuel lines were soggy, and leaking, entire area shows evidence of fuel pooling:

New Gates Barricade throughout...$40 of fuel line and about 3 hours for the whole car (the Imposter, 550 replica with 914 motor and drive train)

What's the feeling on turning tight corners with fuel hose? also, it's not a production car, so I have got to secure the lines somehow, are zip ties just a future disaster waiting to happen?

Zip ties will degrade from age and ozone, not a long term fix for anything important.
Amphicar770
Stainless zip ties!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CTKBTH2
McMark
Gates Barricade is the good stuff! thumb3d.gif

For longer runs I've started using 5/16" steel line and a tubing bender to make hard lines. Then just small sections of rubber hose to connect things. This way you can use something like Adel-clamps to affix the custom hard line using any brackets necessary.
DRPHIL914
nice , but to prove the actual Porsche/914 content, please provide more pictures!
(ok I just want to see pictures of the car, - what is the chassis, bug?)
TheCabinetmaker
That is why I don't use braided fuel line
mepstein
I use the fi line sold at flaps. About $1.50 a foot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.