Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can you get
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
Where has headers for 914-4s? Which are they best to get?
Aaron Cox
kerry hunter
eurorace
tangerine racing
triad makes a header too

jgiroux67
I've been searching online but cant find anything on the eurorace headers. Anybody know where you can get them?
JoeSharp
Josh: If you going to spend money check in the Tangerine Racing Headers. Good stuff and someone on this board.
biggrin.gif Joe
LouisCypher
That's their

homepage

Cheers,

Louis
gklinger
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Apr 17 2005, 03:21 PM)
I've been searching online but cant find anything on the eurorace headers. Anybody know where you can get them?

No website that I'm aware of, but George is a good guy to deal with on the phone:

George Narbel
European Racing Headers
1010 N. Stephanie St.
Unit C-7
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 433-9189
Mueller
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ Apr 17 2005, 03:27 PM)
That's their

homepage

Cheers,

Louis

sorry, wrong "european" company...

I have the European Racing Headers as do quite a few 914 owners in the SF Bay Area, I am very pleased with the quality and fit. When I win the Lotto, I'll be ditching mine and getting a set of Tangerine Racing headers.

the Kerrys are the cheapest in price, yet don't have the stub pipes like the other headers...trust me, you want the stub pipes, it helps with the install.......
LouisCypher
Hi everybody,

sorry for the "misinformation".

Is this the header system from European Racing?

user posted image

Cheers,

Louis
gklinger
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ Apr 18 2005, 08:53 AM)

Don't think so. This is mine (yet to be installed...)
Joe Bob
High Performance House is a dealer for most of them....
grantsfo
I run Kerry Hunter on my stock 1.8. Headers are where its at for extracting much needed horsepower. My car is noticebly faster since I installed the header.

Here is my opinion of the Kerry Hunter system:

Its probably the lightest system and the cheapest too. Its quality compared to the other headers mentioned above is lagging a bit. The Kerry Hunter system mounts directly to the heads without the use of the stubby tubes. I think the other designs are marginally better - especially where tubes mount to the heads.

I love the Supertrapp muffler and the way it mounts with the K Hunter system. Aside from tires its proabably the best $500 I have spent on the car.

www.kerryhunterenterprise.com
Porsche Rescue
I guess Grant answered my question: Do headers make a performance difference?
A few weeks ago I lost out on the Ebay auction of the like new Kerry Hunter system which Grass Roots Motorsports used for a dyno test on their 914 project car. Someone got a great buy. Does anyone remember what they concluded from their test?

The Europeans sure look pretty.
Mueller
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Apr 18 2005, 10:16 AM)
I guess Grant answered my question: Do headers make a performance difference?
A few weeks ago I lost out on the Ebay auction of the like new Kerry Hunter system which Grass Roots Motorsports used for a dyno test on their 914 project car. Someone got a great buy. Does anyone remember what they concluded from their test?

The Europeans sure look pretty.

Tangerine Header (TH )was the best,
Kerry header KH) then SSI heatexchangers with stock bannana muffler....

I think the delta between the TH and the KH was more than the delta between the KH and SSI system for power.
nebreitling
the pic that LouisCypher posted is the older Euro Race Header

the pic that gklinger posted is the newer one.

n
JmuRiz
QUOTE (gklinger @ Apr 18 2005, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ Apr 18 2005, 08:53 AM)

Don't think so. This is mine (yet to be installed...)

Mmmmm, that's a nice looking kit. Looks a lot like the A-1 header for the type4 bugs. Jethot coated it looks like also. cool_shades.gif
gklinger
Yep, Jet-Hot. They did a nice job. Can't say much for the cheapo paint job they came with, but other than that the quality is very good.
Joe Ricard
So what is the price of the Euro piece. Or do I have to be the 20th person to call them today because of this thread.

It's all a question of how much horsepower can I afford. Gotta buy wheels yet too!

Why do lighter wheels cost more?
Why does the most expensive exhaust not make 3X the HP.
jgiroux67
Are there any 4 cylinder headers that are separate for each side like the 914-6 headers? Is there a reason why they are combined into one pipe?
nebreitling
i think around $600 from HPH for the complete system w/ muffler, all hardware, etc. very nice.

the 4-1 collector design, rather than 2 2-1's or a 4-2-1 is superior for a /4 because of its effecient scavenging effect (i think). same principle for an X pipe in a V8... (i think)
Mueller
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Apr 18 2005, 03:28 PM)
Are there any 4 cylinder headers that are separate for each side like the 914-6 headers? Is there a reason why they are combined into one pipe?

the stock heat exchangers are pretty much just like you describe....in fact the /6 headers are pretty much H/E's without the sheetmetal for heat...
TGM
Patrick Motorsports is another source for a version of the eurorace header. I am very happy with mine, however hi temp POR paint didn't cut it so I need to get it coated like the earlier photo. Fabrication quality is pretty good and no leaks at the collector interface.

Also anyone have the best method for isolating the clutch and throttle cable from getting melted? I wrapped them in fairly thick heat shield and the clutch cable shroud was still locally melted.
Aaron Cox
user posted image
PMS set up....

LOL... pms lol2.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE (TGM @ Apr 18 2005, 07:20 PM)

Also anyone have the best method for isolating the clutch and throttle cable from getting melted? I wrapped them in fairly thick heat shield and the clutch cable shroud was still locally melted.

there's a bracket that hangs off the engine sump that is already tapped. good place to fab and place a bracket to keep the cables off the collector.

n
i love porsche
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Apr 18 2005, 07:51 PM)
user posted image

oooo that is purty!!!

its now on my list =]
ottox914
I've got the KH system on my car, a mainly auto cross car, with the SS supertrap. Install was no real problem, love the sound. Bought it partly based on GRM test results vs cost basis. Win the lotto- I'll be calling Chris Foley for one of his works of art. Need the fastest 914 ever, spair no expense, I'll be calling Chris Foley. For my budget and purposes, its been fine. Being in way up north WI I DO miss the heat... seeing my breath in the car for 2.5 hrs sunday on the way to the first auto cross of the season was a sad thing. But it did keep me awake...

For heat shielding of the cables, I used a long piece of heat reflecting fabric with velcro on the long edge, from summit racing to cover the cables. It does hang down a bit, but have had no cable issues, install was super easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.