Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you use protection?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LvSteveH
Well, I’ve got a good supply of nice, uncracked seals, interior parts, seats, and so on. I’m also in the desert, where everything turns to dust in no time. It’s great for metal, but hell on everything else. I’ve heard mixed reviews on Armor All, does anyone know what to use to help these parts live another 30 years? Obviously it’s important to keep everything out of the sun, but the super low humidity even kills stuff in the shade. I’m hoping there is some new super preservative out there that can be used once in a while to keep things happy. I wonder where the perfect place for cars is, low enough humidity to keep rust away, but just enough to keep everything else nice. Thanks for the help.

Steve
tod914
Vinalex is an excellent product for the interior. I tried it on the rubber but it streaks on that abit.
I think for my seals and bumper covers, Im going to
try Wurth rubber care. The factory (porsche) recommended glyseran to preserve the seals.

If u try the vinalex by Lexon, spray it on a t-shirt and then wipe down the interior. U dont need alot, just dampen the shirt. I think youll be happy with that. And yes armoral is not the best product to use.

Most importantly, get a cover for your dash. Mine is a fabric one that is contoured to fit the dash top. Came with the car not sure where u can buy them.
Bruce Allert
Pelican has both, the carpeted kind and the plastic cap that looks real. I have the plastic one. I can post a pic when I get home.
bruce
Bruce Allert
Here's a pic of the dash
Bruce Allert
from the other direction
bruce
914werke
Is the pad cracked under there Bruce? headbang.gif
Bruce Allert
Just small cracks on the right hand lower corner of the instrument coweling.
bruce
LvSteveH
I like the look of the hard cover. I've got one interior that had the dash, targa bar, etc. covered in heavy vinyl with the stitched edge. It actually looks better than original and should hold up better. Modern vinyl is generally pretty UV resistant. That's fine for a custom car or a driver, but not so great for an original car. I'll look over the products mentioned and get a better idea. Thanks.

Steve
L8Apex
Becareful when using protection. If you use 2 layers, it may tear. headbang.gif
Bruce Allert
EvilBaay has one listed......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2419940639
bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.