Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Pulled the bumpers, valances ect off and dropped at the painter this weekend along with 5 nice Mahles (thanks Gint)

Should make a nice before and after a few weeks from now. Happy to report no rust lurking anywhere, and all orig minus the front LE spoiler sad.gif , all bumpers, rockers covers, rear valance appear to be original to the car.

Before:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Whew, no brown stuff
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Same goes for the valances n bumpers, super straight, really happy, drivers rear bumper tit trapped some water, just a little surface rust.
Click to view attachment

Scored a nice banana muffler (thanks again Gint) and planning to remove the rear reflector, that will keep my busy for a bit.

Ferg driving.gif
Johny Blackstain
creamsicle914.jpg thumb3d.gif
JRust
Nice Ferg! That is a sweet little ride creamsicle914.jpg
Ferg
Getting closer

Ferg
Mahles are prepped for paint as well. Strange they have a blue tint after a acid washing.

Gulf91474
You are one lucky Man.... sunglasses.gif
JRust
Love that Phoenix Red man! Looking good Ferg
Ferg
I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to work on the bike rack.

I have a few old ski racks, one will be sacrificed to be used in conjunction with my sea sucker suction cup rear wheel holder.

Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 29 2016, 10:19 AM) *

Mahles are prepped for paint as well. Strange they have a blue tint after a acid washing.

Yep, blue primer underneath is factory correct.
Ferg
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 29 2016, 12:57 PM) *

Yep, blue primer underneath is factory correct.

Very cool, learned something today. Thanks! My painter asked if It was a blueberry before it was a creamsicle laugh.gif

Toast
first.gif
Ferg
shades.gif
Cuda911
Lookin' good!
rhodyguy
Nice 4 lug Fuch wheels are fetching a premium these days mike. With caps and lugs? $$$
jrblackbox
Very nice! Are the wheels powdercoated?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 1 2016, 10:02 AM) *

Nice 4 lug Fuch wheels are fetching a premium these days mike. With caps and lugs? $$$

Not sure if you are referring to those wheels - they are Mahles - but your statement is still true.
rhodyguy
Referring to the wheels that came on the car when bought.
87m491
looking to prep my wheels for paint as well. Is this a do it yourself job or is it al left to the refinishers? looking to save a few $s where possible.
thx
Mike

sixnotfour
there was a bunch of ..Fuchs craigslist CO.

The 911 gasburners have the blue primer tooooooo
Ferg
I have 2 full sets of Fuchs for sale on Denver craigslist. Did not post here because not wanting to ship

I have a painter friend that restores wheels and sells on Craigslist as a side job. He did all the work bumpers too at a very low rate.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 1 2016, 06:10 PM) *

I have 2 full sets of Fuchs for sale on Denver craigslist. Did not post here because not wanting to ship

I have a painter friend that restores wheels and sells on Craigslist as a side job. He did all the work bumpers too at a very low rate.

Ferg your supposed to say,, My Guy is top notch.. not cheap though...
Ferg
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 2 2016, 04:05 AM) *

http://youtu.be/Auvf7DDw5z0
ndfrigi
soon to be like this! beautiful!

Click to view attachment
Rsjg911
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 2 2016, 08:38 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 2 2016, 04:05 AM) *

http://youtu.be/Auvf7DDw5z0

Too FUCHin' funny. $20.00 of free metal work.
Johny Blackstain
Ferg- being somewhat of an expert on creamsicle rims I have to warn you I believe you should have taped off the lug holes & left them bare. The pressure from the lug bolt against the rim destroys the paint & it has a tendency to chip when you take them on & off. Also, the center should be silver around the stainless steel center cap as in both pics I listed. I have my original unmolested spare tire w/ the original Dunlop SP on it that I keep as a reference (1st pic). After all that work you don't want the paint just flaking off. Just a heads up for you smile.gif
Ferg
Yeah noticed that. Good call. I was not clear in my instructions to my guy. I will see what can be done.

Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 2 2016, 03:22 PM) *

Good call. I was not clear in my instructions to my guy. I will see what can be done.

Wasn't trying to bring you down m8, just a warning. The center isn't a problem, you can just paint silver over the orange & it should be fine. The lug holes will probably require a bunch of work w/ an xacto knife outlining & pre chipping them bare. I learned this lesson the hard way dry.gif
Ferg
Not bringing me down at all. I'm glad you pointed it out.

Johny Blackstain
Curious as to how far you're going w/ the original restoration? From what I could tell you need side stripes, shifter knob, door panels, seats, steering wheel, 3 gauges in the center console & the dreaded front spoiler & poof- your back to a regular creamsicle biggrin.gif
Ferg
Plan is to do a full tear down and proper resto in the future say 6-8 years ahead.

For now happy collecting parts and will enjoy it as a driver. My plan is to do only what it needs or things that bug me. Rear reflector and shift knob next on the list. No sense it doing things twice and will be nice to have a driver. Pics soon of my bike rack.

Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif
Ferg
Finally looks proper.

Shadowfax
Nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.