Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rocking rocking rocking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
from hear-say, people say that when you sit in a American muscle car with a 440 V8 and it's idling, you can feel the car sway from side to side...well thats a symbol of power , but like the same thing is happening to my car and i KNOW its not supposed to....why is this happening?
SpecialK
Got a strange idle? Or is it more of a "something ain't tight under there" thing.

If you lived in CA, I'd say it's probably just another earthquake. smile.gif
bd1308
its only at idle...at the factory spec for idle ~700-800RPM....maybe a lean idle or soemthing, or something could be loose...i was thinking motor mounts
Joe Ricard
Not firing on all 4???? Check your ignition wires for good connection in the end adapter. Sometimes the solid core wires can start arcing and burning the connection.
bd1308
could be....as soon as it hits 1000-1500 all is good.....so maybe its not hitting completly on all 4...actually at the VW place, the guy said one of them was not firing at all
SLITS
And I thought it was you passing all that gas you're full of........................car isn't moving ...you are!
bd1308
huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.