Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting tired of people wasting my time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
From now on, I will only provide box dimensions and weight to prospective buyers who are not well established World members.

I don't appreciate the fact that when I provide you folks with shipping quotes, you don't even bother to answer PMs to say either 'yes' or 'no'.

I can see that you read the PMs, so my question is, is it really that difficult to reply? It's called respect, or common courtesy - something that apparently gets lost with each new generation.

FYI, I check with FedEx, UPS and USPS to find the best rates for prospective buyers. I even ask if there is a business address that can accept your shipment(s) to reduce the costs even more.

So, going on record to say, 'newbies' get to obtain your own shipping quotes during your vetting period. Yeah, maybe I am getting cranky on my old age, but since I may not have that much headroom left in my life, that's how it's gonna be from now on. Sorry, but too many inconsiderate newbs have caused this to happen slap.gif

Note, this policy change does not apply to the members who have been 'stand up' buyers in the past. I will happily continue to provide you folks with the best shipping quotes possible as I've always done in the past.

[/rant]
madmax914
agree.gif
Catorse
Can I get a shipping quote?
forrestkhaag
The mountain air is getting to ya Mark. Don't you know it's all about me mine and I. Just look at the continued sales of selfie sticks. And we know where those inconsiderate bastards can shove that ego pimping device. sheeplove.gif

beerchug.gif
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 26 2016, 04:27 PM) *

I don't appreciate the fact that when I provide you folks with shipping quotes, you don't even bother to answer PMs to say either 'yes' or 'no'.
It's called respect, or common courtesy - something that apparently gets lost with each new generation.

[/rant]

Wow, I thought I was the only one that feels this way..
Yes, we have a "new " generation of 914world.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(396 @ Sep 27 2016, 10:14 AM) *

It's called respect, or common courtesy - something that apparently gets lost with each new generation.

[/rant]

Older and forgetful? poke.gif biggrin.gif
Larmo63
I'm pissed that reading this thread wasted my time.

WTF.gif
76-914
QUOTE(396 @ Sep 27 2016, 10:14 AM) *

[/rant]

Yep, it becomes more apparent every day. sad.gif Every once in awhile I'm fortunate enough to meet a considerate person with manners and Hope springs eternal. Kinda like that "one good" golf shot that keeps you coming back to the game.
Anything else I might add might be Political. shades.gif
Ansbacher
They too will grow old and gain wisdom. It's been going on since Adam and Eve.

Ansbacher

euro911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 27 2016, 03:23 PM) *
I'm pissed that reading this thread wasted my time.

WTF.gif
Get off my lawn if you ain't got a mower ... poke.gif

BTW, you ship my shit yet?

I'm currently at sea level, Forrest.
boxstr
Another thing that is a time waster, is trying to figure out if an item listed is wanted to buy or for sale or trade
What happened to the FS orWTB or TRADE at the front of items that are being listed on the classifieds?
Craig at CAMP
euro911
... and if the items are SOLD cool_shades.gif
Larmo63
You told me to wait and give them to you when I see you, Goober.

chair.gif
Rand
Sucks, but it's part of being in business.
Localboy808
That's a bummer. Makes it harder for us new guys! sad.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 27 2016, 08:12 PM) *
You told me to wait and give them to you when I see you, Goober.

chair.gif
I thought you said you were gonna ship 'em in your last PM? unsure.gif ... I'm headed back to AZ for a couple of months in early October, Goob driving.gif

QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 27 2016, 08:16 PM) *
Sucks, but it's part of being in business.
It's not a business ... just selling off some parts I acquired over the years, like most of us 'enthusiasts'. That's why I price most of the items to move quick.

QUOTE(Localboy808 @ Sep 27 2016, 08:17 PM) *

That's a bummer. Makes it harder for us new guys! sad.gif
confused24.gif

FedEx.com
UPS.com
USPS.com

Just fill in the blanks. I'll post dimensions, weight and my zip code in the ads shades.gif

Blame the folks who are inconsiderate ...
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 26 2016, 03:27 PM) *

From now on, I will only provide box dimensions and weight to prospective buyers who are not well established World members.

I can see that you read the PMs, so my question is, is it really that difficult to reply? It's called respect, or common courtesy - something that apparently gets lost with each new generation.

So, going on record to say, obtain your own shipping quotes.

FYI, I check with FedEx, UPS and USPS to find the best rates for you. I even ask if there is a business address that can accept your shipment(s) to reduce the costs even more.

Note, this policy change does not apply to the members who have been stand up buyers in the past. I will happily continue to provide you folks with the best shipping rates possible.

[/rant]

Welcome to the real world Bro!
forrestkhaag
I dont know if any of you folks were at the presentation dinner closing the Flagstaff trip but I think there is ample evidence that Mark and the rest of us are clearly not in the real world. Otherwise, we would have kept at least one of several prior Porsche's that are now worth five or ten times what an average 914 is worth...... Real World! lol-2.gif
euro911
I've been in the real world for over 60 years, Mike (well, some of the adolescent years may not count) smoke.gif ... laugh.gif
Being a pessimist (it's really not as bad as some may think) ... I'm not let down often, and if something does go right, it's just icing on the cake cool_shades.gif ... but when recently hit up by a series of inconsiderate millennials, I simply went into overload
blowup.gif

I only sold the '67 912, Forrest, and made a decent ROI. I'm still in possession of some other precious metals ... although, I have disposed of some cars over the years that have increased in value beyond comprehension ... who knew? confused24.gif

rhodyguy
No snivelling. wink.gif biggrin.gif
euro911
laugh.gif
914werke
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 28 2016, 12:45 PM) *

No snivelling. wink.gif biggrin.gif

how about following the FUCHING posted rules....PRICES~!?
Larmo63
Some people just DELIVER parts…….?
euro911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 29 2016, 07:56 PM) *
Some people just DELIVER parts…….?
Yes, they do ... and I thank you for doing so this am beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.