Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Season Opener!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave-O
Finally a chance to get out and kick the tires a little bit. The new suspension and tires on the car felt great. I just set the front bar on the soft end and it seemed pretty well balanced. The falkens sure stick!

They didn't restrict entries so there were almost 200 cars there! We only got 4 timed runs due to the large numbers. I won the C-stock class with a time of 1:07. I had a lot more time to loose but I’m still progressing as a driver. I still managed a better time than a GT-2 smilie_pokal.gif Still plenty of room for improvement.

Dave Parsons (ottox914) had a best time of 1:02. The TTOD was a low :58 in a scary fast MR2 turbo.

I didn't get any pictures during the event, but here's one with our 914's...we both have brand new skins for this season
Dave-O
Porsche 914, the Autocross weapon of choice.
Brad Roberts
AWESOME. I can hear the "fun" in your voice. One of our local hot shoes and I where speaking a few weeks back about the new Avon tires... next event he had them on his 911 kicking ASS. The Falkens are VERY tough to beat for their price. The Avon 205/50/15 is cheaper than the Kuhmo and cheaper than the Hoosier.. but looks and sticks almost identical to the Hoosier. It is also lighter than the Kuhmo, but 1 lb heavier than the Hooiser.

Glad to see you out driving your 914.

B
ottox914
Hey Dave-O, I wondered how long it would take you to get things posted... you drove great, much better than some of the other drunken one armed monkeys I had to take on course. If I didn't tell you about this guy, ask me about the guy who described his driving style as "redneck'n".

Your car looked great on course- you need a new avaitar! The suspension work you did over the winter has progressed your car to a new level, and your driving is now catching up. Quickly.

I was suprized the Hoosiers hooked up as well as they did, seeing as we only recorded temps in the low 90's on them. I was reasonable happy with the 1:02.2 for the first event of the year, first time on the Hoosiers, and knowing the suspension is not yet dialed in for me for this year. The event was "sponsored" by our local PCA bunch, who are about 99% track guys. Our local auto cross club "supplied" the cones, timing, helped set the course, did the drivers meeting, supplied instructors, did clean up, and helped secure the lot. The PCA guys brought out maybe 20 cars or so- only one could best the 1:02, that being a 924S built by the owner of the leading independent P car shop in town. It came in and left on a trailer. Cup cars, 930's, C2's, C4's water pumpers, all fell prey to, as Dave-O put it, "the auto cross weapon of champions"

When the final "official" times are posted, we'll have to get our results in for the 914Cup.

Dave-O, see you saturday for the second part of the school. Nancy has a wedding shower to attend saturday, soooo.... (bummer for me) we may come in friday pm so I can get to to the lot and help w/set up, I'll leave her w/her sister so they can attend the shower, and.... with her along, I'm a little short on room for those Hoosiers, so I may be doing the class instructor fun runs on my fried 2 season old Azenis. You'll have to be sure to grab a ride, and you'll get a peak at how well a 914 can drift...

All in all a great day.
Dave-O
Sounds good Dave, I'm a little curious about what other instructors would say. Bill Owen rode with me a few times last year and I believe he'll be there, I'll have him jump in with me a few times. If you want in the afternoon we could toss my fresh falkens on your car to save a drifting exibition. Maybe you should have left your Hoosiers with me in the city, of course I can't promise they wouln't get "scuffed up" a little bit in the meantime burnout.gif

I'll be an equal opportunity picture poster...
ConeDodger
Which club had that event? With the multitude of different cars I would guess MAC?
Rob
ottox914
The Nord Stern PCA chapter, I guess you could say, sponsored the event, the MAC club did alot of the dirty work. Not to slam the PCA'ers, they pitched in and had volunteers helping out too, but with 190+ entrants, unless you're set up to do something like this, it ain't gonna get done right. MAC has done some 150+ events w/6 runs total at this same lot. The high number of rookies really killed us on the changeovers. They just didn't get it, that you gotta get MOVING and get out there... and we preached this to death at the drivers meeting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.