Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
Can anyone identify this black and blue wire? I want to install the air box but need to know where this wire goes first. The PO removed all this, so I did not have the usual prior knowledge or pictures to fall back on.

This fuel pump was included in the boxes of parts when I purchased the car, can I use this on my '73 FI 1.7

Any words of wisdom on installing the R side heater/ defroster box, I installed the L side with no problem, but the other side will not sit flush at the bottom after positioning the defrost snorkel in place, I have about 1/4" of gap on the cabin side.

Thanks,
JohnClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=575
404]Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
I don't see a black/blue wire in your photo. The wiring diagram for the 74 says that there is a black/blue wire that goes to pin #53 on the wiper motor, though. (It comes from pin #53 on the wiper switch.)

The two-port pump you show can be used, I think. If it produces enough pressure, at least. You will need to do some Adaptor Magic ™ with the wires and the hoses, and you will need to eliminate the "Y" fitting in your return hose. But that is relatively straight forward.

--DD
914Sixer
Spare wire is probably the one that goes into the intermittent wiper block when installed. Easy install and see Jeff Bowlsby site for the harness.
76-914
Years back, I remember looking for a large red wire. I found a large brown wire only to discover that it was indeed red; once upon a time. dry.gif I've since learned to peel back the tape wrap when checking wire colour. beerchug.gif
Morph914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 27 2016, 01:15 PM) *

Spare wire is probably the one that goes into the intermittent wiper block when installed. Easy install and see Jeff Bowlsby site for the harness.

Thank you
Morph914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 27 2016, 01:24 PM) *

Years back, I remember looking for a large red wire. I found a large brown wire only to discover that it was indeed red; once upon a time. dry.gif I've since learned to peel back the tape wrap when checking wire colour. beerchug.gif

Good point, thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.