Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great Race this Morning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Back in January my church got flooded with sewage when a city sewer main backed up into the building. So we've been worshiping on Sunday afternoons in a different facility and my Sunday schedule has been really confused.

So this morning I decide to turn on the TV and flip channels. I stumble across CBS which has on a race at Road Atlanta that is part of the American LeMans series.

The "big name" cars in GT1 were not very interesting to watch, but the battle for the GT2 win was really something! A Panoz and an Alex Job Porsche were battling for the win in GT2. The Porsche (driven by Timo...) was actually faster on the straights than the V8 Panoz, but didn't have quite enough to get past the Panoz.

With a couple of laps left I thought the Porsche might actually make it, but both cars got in a tight spot along with a 3rd vehicle on a turn. The Porsche tapped the Panoz and spun it. Unfortunately, the Panoz team protested, the Porsche was given a black flag that required it to come into the pits and stop, then go again. The result was that the Panoz won the race, but it sure was thrillling to watch!
MattR
Yep. I was watching that race. The battle at the end was phenominal! I was yelling at my TV and all. I dont know about the black flag... i would have like to have seen a time penalty ascessed at the end of the race so they could review the contact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.