Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 73 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lowsquire
Hi y'all , having just got my car running and driving I thought I'd put some pics up and tell a little about the car.
I got this thing three or four months back, a 'project' with no real information on the state of the engine or trans or any mechanicals, but two things attracted me, it was originally signal orange, my favorite colour, and had five stud Fuchs on it already .. So I took a risk and bought sight unseen , dumb move, but I lucked out I guess . ALL the components off the top of the motor were in the trunk in ziplock bags, most looking clean and ( maybe ? ) rebuilt? So I studied lots of pics on here and put it all together.
The chassis is actually really nice. Original paint on the longs and no rust in there, it did have rust in the hellhole which I cut out and repaired along with a newbattery tray and stand. Painted the engine bay whilst the motor was out.
Here's some of the other stuff it now has..
Front spindles raised 16mm
Factory front swaybar fitted
Vented 911 rotors and calipers ( SC I think?)
Raised steering rack, turbo tierods
15x7 repro Fuchs with 205/50s
New carpets, door panels, targa and door seals
New 19mm master and rebuilt calipers, new soft hoses.
No heat exchangers were on it , so I pulled most of the rest of the ventilation system.
Momo prototipo wheel
I'm going to redo the seats in tartan soon.
Bilstein rear struts and unknown lb aftermarket springs ( powder coated orange ,anyone know what company sells orange springs? )
The 1.7 is original to the car and runs beautifully !
as for the body and paint.. Well it's been repainted once, in a darker orange-red ( maybe tangerine?) but has serious chalking and fading , and judging by the cracked interior vinyl and dry seals I think it came from
A desert environment . Anyway , body and paint aren't my thing, and I like character more than perfect paint, so it stays as is for the moment. I
Painted the front trunk lid satin black as it didn't match the rest and I don't mind it!
Coming from owning three slammed bugs in the past, Stance is primary to me.. So yep it's probably too low for some of you!
Actually dropping the rear another inch later tonight. It's a bit nose-down
Right now.
Anyway , thanks for all the great information on the site, and thanks to 914 rubber.com for all the bits I needed!
After two days of driving it to work, I have to say it's a great, fun little car! Click to view attachment
Lowsquire
Click to view attachment
Lowsquire
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Lowsquire
Click to view attachment
Lowsquire
Click to view attachment
theleschyouknow
sweet ride! congrats on getting it back together quickly
I like a nice paint job as much as the next guy but I don't mind a black hood and a little patina either
like the clean door panel and gt strap too
drive and enjoy!

beerchug.gif
cjl
jor
This car looks mean to me and I like that. Enjoy it!
euro911
agree.gif ... A nice paint job is a plus, but I'm in the same camp as you ... dings, scratches and spots of unmatched paint doesn't bother me. A solid, well running car is more important.

welcome.png
JOEPROPER
Love it! Love that you did all that work so quickly! Love that you lucked out with a solid car having taken a chance on it! Love the way it looks! Love that you are happy with it! Drive it and enjoy! smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.