Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Turbo engine out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I removed the engine Saturday morning and now I will start building the courage to rebuild and repair it myself. The local professional quoted price to rebuild it with me doing some of the work was 15,000. I know what kind of a mechanic he is, and he usually replaces virtually everything with new parts so I think I will try and do it myself as 15,000 is way out of my price range.

I will have him look everything over for me and give me his opinion on what needs to be done then I will take it from there, although I may have him just do the bottom end and seal the case up for me.

My engine had about 50,000 on it since its last full rebuild so how bad could it be, plus it ran great.

I always enjoy buying new tools so heres my chance. More later when I dig into it. sad.gif
Maltese Falcon
Chappy, for $15K what kinda parts--SC or 930, seems kinda pricey-must be the labor rate. What's his hourly rate anyhow ?
marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.