Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can't believe all the compliments...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JustinMeier
It's amazing how many people either give you a thumbs up, a waive, or they stop right next to you to say 'cool car!' or 'hey! I had one of those too!" Seriously I've been getting this about every couple days on my 10 min commute. Our new office girl commented

Even when I was limping through a parking lot with no accelerator cable and oil burning off the exhaust I had a guy in a FedEx truck roll along with me saying how he loved the car and all these new ones weren't as cool lol-2.gif

So apparently these are cool cars.. I take it this isn't out of the norm for all of you.. aktion035.gif
oakdalecurtis
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Sep 28 2016, 08:54 PM) *

It's amazing how many people either give you a thumbs up, a waive, or they stop right next to you to say 'cool car!' or 'hey! I had one of those too!" Seriously I've been getting this about every couple days on my 10 min commute. Our new office girl commented

Even when I was limping through a parking lot with no accelerator cable and oil burning off the exhaust I had a guy in a FedEx truck roll along with me saying how he loved the car and all these new ones weren't as cool lol-2.gif

So apparently these are cool cars.. I take it this isn't out of the norm for all of you.. aktion035.gif

Let's see a picture of your car!!!!
JustinMeier
Well, let's preface this by saying that it's not my car, it's Dad's (SLITS) car. Hopefully I haven't said "my car" too many times. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Older pic

Click to view attachment
Few weeks ago @ RRC
Mikey914
It's your car. It's his car, and I'm sure he'd be happy to hear you call it your car. biggrin.gif
mepstein
Family car. Something to be proud of. beerchug.gif
Cracker
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 29 2016, 06:50 AM) *

agree.gif
JOEPROPER
agree.gif
And you deserve the compliments because it IS a cool car! smoke.gif
rhodyguy
Meier Mobile....
cali914
Agree I have been getting a lot of thumbs up driving my 914. I went to Blackhawk cars and coffee last month and pulled next to a kid in a Honda and he said what is that. I said a Porsche 914, he said that's cool. I sometimes feel like I'm riding in a 68 classic nova or 55 Chevy the way people stare or drive by and give me thumbs up.
PanelBilly
All the cool kids have one
EdwardBlume
Awesome to see you driving it! Keep enjoying it!
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 29 2016, 12:21 AM) *

It's your car. It's his car, and I'm sure he'd be happy to hear you call it your car. biggrin.gif

As long as I take care of it and suppress my 'Automotive Terrorist' alter ego bye1.gif

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Sep 29 2016, 05:53 AM) *

agree.gif
And you deserve the compliments because it IS a cool car! smoke.gif

Well, yes.. Yes, thank you smoke.gif

QUOTE(cali914 @ Sep 29 2016, 07:40 AM) *

Agree I have been getting a lot of thumbs up driving my 914. I went to Blackhawk cars and coffee last month and pulled next to a kid in a Honda and he said what is that. I said a Porsche 914, he said that's cool. I sometimes feel like I'm riding in a 68 classic nova or 55 Chevy the way people stare or drive by and give me thumbs up.

There were a couple old ladies that walked by me at the apt all confused about what it was.. Studebaker? No, Porsche blink.gif

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 29 2016, 07:44 AM) *

All the cool kids have one

I can agree with this.. beerchug.gif
7TPorsh
I'm noticing more and more teen age kids pointing and looking; "look! an old Porsche". Very surprising that they know what it is....
malcolm2
I drive mine quite a bit, so everyone in my little town has probably seen it. But I still get comments and questions when I get gas or I drive to Nashville. driving-girl.gif

We went down to Broadway after the Titans / Vikings game a few weeks back and we got more action than the Honky Tonks did as we drove thru. Even the cops directing traffic walked over to ask questions..... shades.gif
Cracker
If you don't have spare time...don't drive the teener!

Tony
poorsche914
I came out of the local grocery store one afternoon with a couple 20 year olds hanging out next to my 914. They introduced themselves and stated they had been chasing me down for two weeks rolleyes.gif They wanted to know what kind of car it was and thought it was really cool.

At a traffic light next to a new Mustang, I noticed a guy from across the intersection give a thumbs up. I figured he meant the Mustang until he pointed directly at me and gave another thumb3d.gif

Driving to Okteenerfest a guy in an SUV next to me revved his engine confused24.gif When I glanced over, he gave a thumb3d.gif

Just part of driving a 914 wub.gif

driving.gif
mepstein
One day I was parked next to a Ferrari California at my kids school and a girl walked by and said "nice car". Both the Ferrari owner and myself turned around but she was looking at my car. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 29 2016, 07:44 AM) *

All the cool kids have want one

Fixed it for you Billy.
Toast
aktion035.gif

I have many many stories if people commenting on my 914. Including it being called many other model names. laugh.gif And you will continue to gain stories as well.

toast.gif
Rand
Enjoy the new connections with people that you get to meet through a classic car. It's good stuff.
Ansbacher
My 914 is a quite presentable eye catcher, but compared to when I had my 356 SC, I might as well be driving a Ford Monolith, as far as getting comments on the road. And, to tell you the truth, I like it that way. Can't tell you how many close calls I had with the 356. People were always sneaking up alongside, then blowing their horn to give you a thumbs up. Or trying to yell "It's a '64!" out the window at Interstate speeds. In comparison driving a 914 is like being invisible.

Ansbacher
BeatNavy
I get many more comments when I'm in my teener than when I'm in my Ghia. I think it's because most people have no idea what a Ghia is, but they recognize, or sense they should recognize, the teener.
Cracker
funny

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Sep 29 2016, 08:47 PM) *

My 914 is a quite presentable eye catcher, but compared to when I had my 356 SC, I might as well be driving a Ford Monolith, as far as getting comments on the road. And, to tell you the truth, I like it that way. Can't tell you how many close calls I had with the 356. People were always sneaking up alongside, then blowing their horn to give you a thumbs up. Or trying to yell "It's a '64!" out the window at Interstate speeds. In comparison driving a 914 is like being invisible.

Ansbacher

patssle
'hey! I had one of those too!"

I think everybody in the world has owned a 914 at one point or another. I get tired of hearing that!
flmont
That's why I haven't purchased a boxster,...they are everywhere,..914's not so much,..
Mr.Nobody
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 29 2016, 04:36 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif

Mine's a family heirloom as well. I still think of it as my grandfather's, but I'm proud to call it mine. Finally getting kind of used to saying it.

Cuda911
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 29 2016, 08:06 AM) *

I'm noticing more and more teen age kids pointing and looking; "look! an old Porsche". Very surprising that they know what it is....

Ha, last week I was sitting in my 914 waiting for Sara at the supermarket. A couple walked by the car and the wife said... "Is that a Porsche?" The husband replied yes. She then said "Is it new?"
napasteve
Cuda, now that's funny.
ripper911
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Sep 29 2016, 08:47 PM) *

Ansbacher

I get the honks and such while driving the SS100, it's a bit nerve racking sometimes.
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Sep 29 2016, 08:18 PM) *

Ha, last week I was sitting in my 914 waiting for Sara at the supermarket. A couple walked by the car and the wife said... "Is that a Porsche?" The husband replied yes. She then said "Is it new?"

Brand new!! Very boxy retro style even wink.gif
JustinMeier
QUOTE(Mr.Nobody @ Sep 29 2016, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 29 2016, 04:36 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif

Mine's a family heirloom as well. I still think of it as my grandfather's, but I'm proud to call it mine. Finally getting kind of used to saying it.

I'll get there smile.gif
9won4
I was pulling into the valet at the Flamingo here in Vegas, when a guy walked off the curb in front of my 914 and proceeded to blow my car a kiss. Kinda weird but nice compliment.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Sep 29 2016, 09:05 PM) *

I get many more comments when I'm in my teener than when I'm in my Ghia. I think it's because most people have no idea what a Ghia is, but they recognize, or sense they should recognize, the teener.

I had the opposite experience between the 914s and Ghias I've owned. In total I'd say I got a lot more comments driving a Ghia, but they were like 99% from women. Either younger women telling me they loved the car and asking what it is, or older women telling me they used to own one. Seriously, if you're into cougars and MILFs, drive a Ghia! It was like a freakin magnet for older women.
In contrast, pretty much all the comments I've gotten while driving a 914 were from dudes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.