Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help identifying these "washers"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
I am putting the front suspension back on after 8 years of parts in the boxes. I found these two parts in the front suspension box. I don't know where they go. PET Katalog was no help to me.

They measure right at 4cm diameter.

I did install turbo tie-rod ends in place of stock if that helps (maybe left over from that).

Thanks in advance.

Click to view attachment
pete000
Turbo Tie Rod kit spacers?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 29 2016, 11:39 AM) *

Turbo Tie Rod kit spacers?

Hmm - I will look into that further.

Thanks Pete!
Kansas 914
These spacers are milled, there is a lip on the edge.

I don't recall the turbo spacer having a lip?
falcor75
Arent those for a shock absorber rubber cover thingie?
jcd914
Rear 914 shock/bump stop.
The recess in the inner hole locates the washer on the shock shaft, the lip/step on the outer edge retained the foam rubber bump stop.

Jim
Kansas 914
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 29 2016, 12:53 PM) *

The recess in the inner hole locates the washer on the shock shaft, the lip/step on the outer edge retained the foam rubber bump stop.

Jim

Got it - thanks Jim!

I hate spare parts...... I put new shocks on the rears so these must have from the original shocks (1972...)
rgalla9146
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 29 2016, 02:53 PM) *

Jim

Didn't they originally have the dense foam bottom stop bonded to them ?

jcd914
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 29 2016, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 29 2016, 02:53 PM) *

Jim

Didn't they originally have the dense foam bottom stop bonded to them ?

Yes the original rear bump stops (auxiliary springs per the part book) were attached to the washer. The foam wrapped up around the outer lip on the washer, they may also have been glued/bonded to the washer, I don't recall.

Jim
914Sixer
Jim is correct about the rear bump stop. The rubber usually lasted less than a year and fell off.
Kansas 914
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.