Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Molding glass 916 bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
This is my rear bumper. I am getting closer to the look I want. Any thoughts?
raw1298
sawzall-smiley.gif
Andyrew
Looking good! Its hard to get the fender line to match up with the bumper line. I know I spent a lot of time on mine.
raw1298
Thanks. When I finish this I will have more time in the rockers and bumpers than the rest of car biggrin.gif
Krieger
Looks cool! I like your style. Boxster muffler. You can even punch holes inside the tips to make it louder.
Rand
As a fellow guy in the shop, allow me to poke fun first. (Meaning I hope you take this as just teasing over a beer)...

Click to view attachment
Rand
The boxster bunghole always looks wrong to me. Because it looks like said. The spoiler just amplified it.

Ok, teasing aside now. I really love the work you are doing. It's so cool to see custom handwork like this.
Andyrew
Not sure if it'll help but this is what I did on mine to make it form better. Note that your fenders are much different than mine as I have the HPH flares.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1474520
raw1298
biggrin.gif. Its all good. Maybe this angle will look better. Thanks for the site Andy, I can use info like that. You answered some question in that thread for me.
raw1298
I'm not sure I'm going to keep the rear deck lid. I might go stock instead.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Mind if I ask who makes the rear spoiler- it doesn't look like the Sheridan SCCA wing to me? confused24.gif

Thanks,
Andrew
raw1298
QUOTE(Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You @ Sep 29 2016, 03:59 PM) *

Mind if I ask who makes the rear spoiler- it doesn't look like the Sheridan SCCA wing to me? confused24.gif

Thanks,
Andrew

It is actually a complete trunk deck. It is made by A.I.R. in La.. I don't know if they are still being made.
raw1298
This is much better.
Andyrew
Sometimes subtle is better smile.gif
Cairo94507
I like it much better w/o the spoiler. The new GT mufflers have two nice pipes exiting the muffler in close proximity and look terrific. Just a thought.
Rob-O
agree.gif

I agree, no spoiler. You're doing good work though. Those fiberglass rears are usually turds.

I like the look. But I do wonder if it would look better with a smaller plate opening. Something 'Merican sized instead of them there dang Urapean plate sized. biggrin.gif
raw1298
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Nov 4 2016, 08:19 PM) *

agree.gif

I agree, no spoiler. You're doing good work though. Those fiberglass rears are usually turds.

I like the look. But I do wonder if it would look better with a smaller plate opening. Something 'Merican sized instead of them there dang Urapean plate sized. biggrin.gif

I am thinking about reverse lights on each side of the Merican plate.
Rob-O
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Nov 5 2016, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Rob-O @ Nov 4 2016, 08:19 PM) *

agree.gif

I am thinking about reverse lights on each side of the Merican plate.

Are you doing something with the stock rear lighting where you'll no longer have reverse lights?
carcus
I really like it!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.