Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS NEW Powder coated Engine bar to body brackets $30 a pair shipped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
Three sets still available still.

I have several pairs of these made after seeing that most of them are badly bent from dropping the trans down without loosening the bolts in the engine bar brackets.
They are made to the same dimensions with a slotted center hole. Made from mild steel and powder coated satin black.
$30 a pair shipped.
74ravenna
I'll take a pair.

PM Sent
bdstone914
Three sets sold, thre sets still available.
Jett
I'll take a set as well please.

PM sent
michael7810
Where exactly do these go? My car is a 72 with side shift conversion and I'm sure it does not have these. Thanks
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 30 2016, 10:26 AM) *

Where exactly do these go? My car is a 72 with side shift conversion and I'm sure it does not have these. Thanks

I'd like a pair Bruce!
bdstone914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 30 2016, 10:26 AM) *

How does the engine bar mount to the body? I have seen conversions done wrong using the original tail shift mounts and then cut down the engine bar ends.
They bolt to the engine mount console. The ends of the bar bolt to the center hole in the bracket.
michael7810
OK. Duh. I have them, I never paid attention to what the bar bolts to.
Thanks
914bub
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 30 2016, 01:27 PM) *

OK. Duh. I have them, I never paid attention to what the bar bolts to.
Thanks

Bruce
Are these the only brackets that differ from a tail shift engine mount bar? in other words I have a side. shift engine mount bar but not the brackets that go at the ends. For some reason I thought the ones I needed were like a square, steel "box". If these are the ones I need ill take a pair.
bdstone914
Bruce
Are these the only brackets that differ from a tail shift engine mount bar? in other words I have a side. shift engine mount bar but not the brackets that go at the ends. For some reason I thought the ones I needed were like a square, steel "box". If these are the ones I need ill take a pair.
[/quote]

You also need the engine to rubber mount brackets. The tail shift uses a one piece bracket and side shift uses two brackets.
A little hard to see but the orher brackets are in the picture near the center rubber mounts.
bdstone914
Bump
bdstone914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 9 2016, 09:05 PM) *

Bump

bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.