Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you attach relays to fuse panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NS914
Hey Guys, I am into electrical on my car and wondering how to seat these relays in the West Engineering Fuse Panel.

Does anyone have a good idea before I stab myself again with a scribe.

Grant
N_Jay
I have been looking at that panel, but wondering if it is better just to go to modern (Square) relays while doing the fuse panel?
Wondering why they did not do that kit that way?
AZ914
Trying to remember.. seems there was a little rubber nub on the bottom or end that pushed into the hole on the JWest board ?
914Sixer
Rubber knob goes through hole. I recommend putting some kind of lube on them. They are usually are hard to install. Be careful NOT to break the knob!
cary
I finally got them into the panel on Mark's blue car after some trial and error.
Next time plan. Find/purchase a wooden dowel a little smaller than the hole in the
relay socket, sand one end round/domed. Lube the button on the backside of the socket. Push it into place with the wooden dowel.
Mike Bellis
Just grab the nub with needle nose pliers and pull through in a rotating motion, not spinning the pliers. Done!
NS914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 30 2016, 09:10 PM) *

Just grab the nub with needle nose pliers and pull through in a rotating motion, not spinning the pliers. Done!

Thanks for the help guys...I will give it a try!!! Have been hard at it re electrical of late but making progress. Grant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.