Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Parade 914 class winner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
This car won the 914 Preservation Class today at the Parade. It is owned by Steve Gaglione of Tampa. The color is sahara beige, has 21,000 miles, ice cold a/c and looks like it came off the showroom floor. A time warp on wheels.
URY914
BTW it is a '73 2.0.
URY914
another
URY914
URY914
last one
vortrex
WOW

what an unusual car, very cool!
tod914
I actually spoke with steve regarding a 914 one of his friends was selling. He told me about that car. Im quite surprized to see a photo of it on the web.
Sounds absolutely amazing. Like to see that next to the 73 Italian 1.7 smilie_pokal.gif He said the beige car came from colorado. I vaugly recall seeing it posted for sale then removed. 1998 or 99.
JeffBowlsby
This car has been publicized before...what a dream car...and a great color for a 914 too.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Life/sgconcours.html
Part Pricer
Wow! What a stunning car!

Does anyone know if this was considered a special order color? Sahara Beige (L80Z) was a standard VW color for 74. This is the first 914 I've seen in this color.
vortrex
"color to sample paint: $330.00"

from the window sticker...
Part Pricer
Thanks Jeff. That link answered my question.
URY914
Steve told me today the owner matched a 356 color.
The bumper caps look too good to be true.

There were very few 914s entered in the concours. I'll post pictures of the others in a seperate post.

Paul
tod914
I guess im mistaken I thought he said it was from colorado when i spoke with him
3D914
That's Incredible - which one of us wouldn't love (or lust) to have one?

tongue.gif I don't normally masterbate at the computer, but I'd be glad to make an exception in this case. wub.gif

Wonder how long the buyers list would be if he ever offered to sell it.

Enjoy!
boxstr
Something I see as unusual, the front bumper has bumperettes and the rear bumper doe's not have bumperettes, and this is a 1973 2.0 914. Who would have thought.
CCLINBUMPERLAND
meursault
Something I see as unusual, the front bumper has bumperettes and the rear bumper doe's not have bumperettes, and this is a 1973 2.0 914. Who would have thought.

That's typical for a '73. Rear bumperettes came on 1974 cars.
boxstr
The fact that the front has bumperettes and the rear doe's not, still appears unusual. I would expect to see front "and" rear bumperettes installed or none at all.
CCLINUNUSUALAND
vortrex
my '73 2.0 had fronts and no rears, this is how they were built.
meursault
Oh, I know what you mean. I'd prefer to lop mine off. They do appear a bit unsightly just looking at the car from the side. I think I can deal with visible holes in my bumper, maybe some rubber plugs.
Dave Cawdrey
My 73 had front AND rear tits. But it is/was a 1.7L.

So, I guess the slower car NEEDS them confused24.gif
vortrex
or someone put a '74 bumper on your rear. biggrin.gif
meursault
tits on your rear? That's original.
campbellcj
It is absolutely correct for the 73 cars to have the front tits w/o the rears. It does look weird, but it's how they came for that year only.

Pre-73 had no tits
Post 73 had tits on both ends

Personally I hate the darn things (bumper guards) but if I had a CW car I guess I'd leave 'em on... I ditched the front tits on my former 911 and my former & current 914's though, and they all looked WAY better afterwards. I have nothing against tits, mind you, unless they're bolted to a car. blink.gif
crash914
Great looking car....although it would look better with a roll cage, fat tires, Riv's and glass bumpers....aw well, to each his own.......just kidding......It is sure nice to see some OEM cars to compare with......htb
tod914
How do u post an image other than an attachment?

I can post the 73 1.7 Italian if any1 wants to see it
Kargeek
Wow, nice color and an exceptional car. As for the bumper pads, for '73, US regulations required that only front bumpers survive an paticular impact standard and then the rear was added for '74. So, the factory phased in the pads according to the pending standards. Things got more stringent in 75-76 and that's when we got the big bumper cars. It may have been also that late production '73's may have gotten the pads in the rear as Porsche is famous for running changes during the model year. DH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.