Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It this doesnt change, the Chalon stays home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I hope this changes, it often does here in California. But if it doesnt change, the Chalon will not be coming to the WCC. It will stay home in the garage where it is nice and dry.
Joe Bob
Well, as a rule, ten day forecasts are iffy. Let's hope that rule stands.
Gint
You chickenshit! It's only water man!
rhodyguy
looks like sunday is the day things start to go south. any chance being in lancaster could make for better weather. will the coastal mountains help keep the rain in l.a.? at least the desert wildflowers could be pretty.

k
skline
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 18 2005, 07:29 AM)
You chickenshit! It's only water man!

No wipers or even a wiper motor in the Chalon. It is still in the building stages and I just never made it that far yet. Has nothing to do with being chickenshit.
drew365
Normally, Lancaster and Rosamond, where the track is, get spared the storms that hit L.A. Especially if the storm comes from the north. If it comes up from the south than it's 50/50 on hitting the desert. Right now the outlook for Rosamond is the same as Camarillo. I have been at the track and been able to see the rain in the distance but it never hit us. The question is, do we feel lucky, well do you punk? biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Screws it for me too...Manfred has no wipers as well as no headlights....don't mind being on an AX track in a rain...but ya gotta see....so, the 911 is the ride of choice...

Not like rain and the "Streets" will be anything different than the LA freeways...
VegasRacer
rain-x
CptTripps
That stuff drives my wife nuts! I love it, but it'll be POURING and I'll have the wipers off, and be fine with it...
boxstr
This isn't the A NASCAR Nation event, you don't stop because a drop of rain falls. In Oregon and Washington if you didn't do anything because of rain you would be inside half your life.
CCLINH2OONTERRAFIRMA
SLITS
Thank you John.......These guys get all pissy about some rain....If Scott / Zits wants wipers, I have the assemblies...I coat my windshield (inside and out ) with Rain-X....no need for wipers...no need for a defroster.

Besides, real racers run in the rain! (though I still like Nascar too!)
Root_Werks
QUOTE (boxstr @ Apr 18 2005, 07:23 AM)
This isn't the A NASCAR Nation event, you don't stop because a drop of rain falls. In Oregon and Washington if you didn't do anything because of rain you would be inside half your life.
CCLINH2OONTERRAFIRMA

agree.gif My wife and I were out all weekend working on the yard, me on my 914. It would rain, sun, rain, sun, wind. Whatever. Rain is nothing, snow or ice could be a show stopper, but not rain.

usually rain doesn't last either. Think about it, how often does it rain all day? Not often, even up here. Usually just rains for a bit, then moves on.

I don't hardly ever plan anything "Around" rain. If it rains, whatever. biggrin.gif
SLITS
Rain at Willow doesn't bother me....The freakin' wind at XXX miles per hour, whether hot or cold is what tweaks my crank.....gives true meaning to the term "sand-wich". sad.gif
Joe Bob
High Desert rainstorms bring in dark clouds....I got no side windows, no lights and no wipers....yeah I'm a real petunia. cool_shades.gif

Flash floods that fill low spots in the road to four to five feet.....nope, I'm no Unterzeeboot Kommander...BTDT that it that area.....My wife's family live out there and that is crazy land when it gets wet.
Howard
Not to worry. As Grand Poobah I expressly forbid it to rain Yack.gif

Scary, though, just put the RA-1's back on Suzi for the event. Hope that wasn't a Jinx.
SLITS
Hey Mikey, if yer goin' fast enough, the flat pan of a teener is like a boat hull...ya skim right over the puddles.

That said, with flash floods, it ain't the water that's bad....it's the big effin rocks (animals, logs, etc) it carries in the stream that's bad.

PS: I bringing a set of "wets" and desert crawlers for the teener..just in case!

Grand Poo Bah indeed....more like El Grande Rotunda..................I don't not want to see you dancing around a fire nekked to make the rain stay away barf.gif ...now Suzie on the other hand... drooley.gif ....................
Porsche Rescue
Went to Hawaii in March. Rained a lot. While home in Portland was record sunny and high 70's.
Now the 10-day says 60% chance of showers Sat and Sun in Camarillo and 60% Monday in Lancaster. Forecast for Portland is 72 and sunny. AX yesterday in the rain. Oh well, as Craig says, I'll feel like I'm home in Oregon. Maybe if I forget to pack the sunscreen it will be sunny.
SLITS
10-Day Driving Forecast for
Lancaster, CA On The Spot Weather
Choose LocationSchoolsGolf CoursesIntersectionsLocal ParksAirportsEvent VenuesSki AreasNew Search

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.
Chance PrecipitationWind SpeedHigh TemperaturesLow Temperatures
Today
Apr 18 Sunny / Wind
69°/44° 0%
0 %

Use Caution on the Roads
Tue
Apr 19 Mostly Sunny
66°/39° 0%
0 %

Wed
Apr 20 Mostly Sunny
71°/41° 0%
0 %

Thu
Apr 21 Sunny
74°/42° 20%
20 %

Fri
Apr 22 Partly Cloudy
71°/44° 0%
0 %

Sat
Apr 23 Few Showers
67°/42° 30%
30 %

Sun
Apr 24 Isolated T-Storms
63°/43° 30%
30 %

Get Tips for Driving in the Rain
Mon
Apr 25 Few Showers
66°/42° 30%
30 %

Tue
Apr 26 Showers
70°/43° 30%
30 %

Wed
Apr 27 Mostly Sunny
71°/43° 10%
10 %

Use Caution on the Roads

70% chance of no water in Lancaster...............................
Demick
Just look at the bright side. No need to wash your car prior to WCC.

Of course, we might have to rename the 'wash and shine' on Sunday.

Demick

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.