Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Spray on Bed Liner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
Anyone using the Spray on Bedliners in there Pickup trucks, How is it holding up and what brand did you use. Has anyone tried the DIY spray can liners and whats the quality of those and durability.... Thanks
Mueller
I have Line-X on my '01 Ford Supercrew. Got it sprayed on 3 days after I bought the truck, the next weekend picked up over 3,000 pounds of rock for my backyard (multiple trips of course smile.gif )....5 years later the lining still takes plenty of abuse....I throw stuff back there with no regard to the liner......no problems at all.....

CptTripps
Herculiner is pretty good too. The spray-on DIY stuff isn't as good IMO. You get 1gal of Herculiner for $90. PLENTY to do your bed with. 2-3 coats, and it'll be tough as nails.
TimT
I used Herculiner on my F250 long bed, it took about 1 1/2 gallons to get good coverage. Also it seems to fade due to the sun. Other than that is tough as nails

I also caught a good buzz while applying the stuff tunez.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, the 1gal size is for a standard size bed. I did my 914 interior with 3 coats, and have 1/2gal left.

I primed/painted it too...

user posted image
merrill
I had diamond liner upon the purchase of my truck. Tons of abuse and no complaints. wink.gif
retro74
The cheap stuff just scratches and scrapes off. Newer materials are single part epoxy types that are similar to POR15 or single part floor paints -- VERY tough.

Check out these links:
EDead:

Herculiner:

Line X:

What A Liner:

I am going to be doing my own with Herculiner or What A Liner and perhaps some sound deadening materials such as the cheap stuff from McMaster Carr or:

B Quiet:

E Dead V1Se:

Hope this helps a bit.

Joe C.
joea9146
Thanks for all the info
jonwatts
Just don't take a bathroom break during the application procedure.

Herculiner on his Hootus

Ah how it takes me back.

TheCabinetmaker
Don't know nothing about truck bed liners. Just wanted to see your avatar. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.