Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring help request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
The challenge is on. I do need to fix this as it is annoying. Thought that the Guru's of 914 World would be able to help. Are there any out there ?? Help Please !!!!!

I find after putting in the interior finishing up the car that the Seat Belt Warning light is illuminated all the time when the car is in the run position. Worse yet when a turn signal is used, either right or left, this warning light also flashes. Some background is in order to explain

All lights and turn signals work correctly with the key either in the accessory or run position. Dash lights work as expected from what I can tell running in the day time.

No fuse issues

The Seat Belt Warning system was by-passed. Both Yellow wires connected together.

No seat belt wiring to either the seats or the belts is active.

Wore out the wiring diagram looking for a possible solution to no avail. Find no cross over to these systems anywhere

I could just remove the bulb but surely something is amiss and I'd like to fix it.

Help Please !!!! headbang.gif
confused24.gif
Dave_Darling
Unplug the connectors of the wires that go to each seat cushion. Unplug the connectors of the wires that go to each seat belt buckle.

Light still on?

--DD
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 30 2016, 03:49 PM) *

Unplug the connectors of the wires that go to each seat cushion. Unplug the connectors of the wires that go to each seat belt buckle.

Light still on?

--DD

Thee are no electrical connections to the seat cushions or belts
porschetub
I popped my light out and pulled the lamp out,fixed for ever beer.gif .
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Sep 30 2016, 12:14 PM) *

The challenge is on. I do need to fix this as it is annoying. Thought that the Guru's of 914 World would be able to help. Are there any out there ?? Help Please !!!!!

I find after putting in the interior finishing up the car that the Seat Belt Warning light is illuminated all the time when the car is in the run position. Worse yet when a turn signal is used, either right or left, this warning light also flashes. Some background is in order to explain

All lights and turn signals work correctly with the key either in the accessory or run position. Dash lights work as expected from what I can tell running in the day time.

No fuse issues

The Seat Belt Warning system was by-passed. Both Yellow wires connected together.

No seat belt wiring to either the seats or the belts is active.

Wore out the wiring diagram looking for a possible solution to no avail. Find no cross over to these systems anywhere

I could just remove the bulb but surely something is amiss and I'd like to fix it.

Help Please !!!! headbang.gif
confused24.gif

Any Gurus with some help out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.