Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help: Reputable car shipper?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
Hi World - I need to get a newly purchased 914 from East Peoria, IL to Petaluma, CA.

Can anyone recommend a car shipping company?

Or, (yes, I'm taking a wild swing here) anyone planning to come out this way and help me get it here? I'll happily pay! And you know you'd live to visit the Wine Country, maybe take in an event at Sears Point, Thunderhill, Laguna Seca. driving.gif

Thanks in advance for any info and/or help.

Chris
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 30 2016, 11:23 AM) *

Hi World - I need to get a newly purchased 914 from East Peoria, IL to Petaluma, CA.

Or, (yes, I'm taking a wild swing here) anyone planning to come out this way and help me get it here? I'll happily pay! And you know you'd live to visit the Wine Country, maybe take in an event at Sears Point, Thunderhill, Laguna Seca. driving.gif

Chris

I take it Brad didn't offer any suggestions?
bdstone914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 30 2016, 09:23 AM) *

Chris

Are you buying it from 914 Ltd? If so Brad may have some experience. Slowest is cheapest, enclosed trailer is most expensive.
ConeDodger
If you can get it as far as Reno, I own a smog shop in Sonoma and I go there every week. You could pick it up there...
N_Jay
Wait till December and I'll drive it out.
ThePaintedMan
Heck yeah, I'd love to do that drive if airfare were covered! driving.gif
gms
QUOTE(N_Jay @ Sep 30 2016, 11:49 AM) *

I will drive with you biggrin.gif
N_Jay
QUOTE(gms @ Sep 30 2016, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(N_Jay @ Sep 30 2016, 11:49 AM) *

I will drive with you biggrin.gif

That is good, because my wife (while she loves wine tours in a 914) would probably not be up for a 24 hour run.

If he wants it towed, then it will take a little extra;
About 250 gallons of diesel and some wear and tear on the GL.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.