Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do i have here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche-tom
I bought 914 body and it has a 5 lug set up front and 4 lug rear. Can you guys tell me exactly what i have here 911 or aftermarket 914. What what else do i ne e d to complete the 5lug sawp?
Click to view attachment
porsche-tom
Click to view attachment
porsche-tom
Click to view attachment
jcd914
911 SC or Carrera front suspension.
Complete with 911 A-arms, struts, hubs & aluminum crossbar.

Need rotors, calipers (3.5 inch spacing), splash shields, brake hose and hard line to the calipers. You can add an under-body sway bar with the A-arms you have.

Jim
mb911
Looks like late Carrara struts because of the sensor brackets.
bdstone914
And an aluminum cross bar. Struts appear to be Bilstein. I have the brake backing plates and under body sway bar. Should have two bolt on brackets from the body to the crossmember that supporys the sway bar.
Krieger
You probably know but you are also missing the nut for the pin that holds the strut to the ballpoint.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 30 2016, 10:52 PM) *

You probably know but you are also missing the nut for the pin that holds the strut to the ballpoint.

agree.gif

And the taper pin is not in all the way. Might be in crooked. Remove, grease and reinsert. Use a nyloc nut and god flat washer.
Either go with S aluminum calipers or early A calipers that use the 7mm spacer and use the 20mm thick 911 rotors for the 69-78 ? 911.

Later SC calipers take the 24mm rotors which are not needed on a 914 and add to the unsprung weight.

Dave_Darling
Well, that is the pin that the manual refers to as "wedge pin ALWAYS REPLACE". So you might think about replacing the pin...

--DD
porsche-tom
thanks for the info if I don't go the 5 lug way I might end up selling. what would be a fair price for all of it??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.