Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI - 6 cyl. engine in the bone yard...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
I know a while back some folks were talking about Corvair engines. Well, I saw one in the Forigne Car U-Pull Parts in Sun Valley, CA. The engine was all there in a VW Bus, and inside the bus was an extra set of heads and two more carbs. Don't know if anyone one is interested but there it is. 6 cyl. engines out there are $99. + 25. core charge.

No 914's - I was actually looking for a 944. I need the two flywheel sensors for mine. Found two cars but both cars had the sensor plugs damaged. DAMN!

Oh, there were also two BMW 320i's with the front calipers in place if anybody want's them, have at it...

Later,
Mike D.
Joe Bob
There's a reason that engine is in the boneyard....let it rust in peace.
Mike T
Just out of curiousity was it a splitty or a Bay window bus?
I had one in the early eighties as a tow vehicle. Had a 95hp Corvair engine and transaxle in it using a swap kit from Hadley Chassis Engineering. This kit had a special front trans mount and adapted the Corvair output flanges to the VW Bus axles. Worked slick. I used that rig to tow my autocross Buggy from all over the Eastern US. Never had a spec of trouble with that Corvair engine.

Mike T.
Mike D.
The Bus was probably mid '70's, like 74-75-ish, it had the big straight bumpers. Don't remember what color. There was a split window in there too. It had been rear ended pretty bad and the engine caught fire. The front was in good shape. I've seen split window fronts out at the Pamona Swap meet before, just cut off at the doors. I felt bad for the guy that actually needed that part to finish a project. blink.gif

-Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.