Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Billet 4 bolt hubs worked GREAT!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
john rogers
Thanks Mike, the test this weekend was a huge success and I was amazed at how much difference the vented rotors made as I had no fade like I experienced last year. I got back from CT Thursday at noon and put the bearings in the hubs and the studs in. The only issue I has were the grease seals kept wanting to pop out so I staked the inner lip where they press in and they stayed fine. The SC rotors fit exact as did the loaded calipers I bought. I used the pads that came with them and will get some race pads in the next week or so. The rear brakes stayed the BMWs with no prop valve. I used a 36 piece of flex brake line on each side in the front to get a little more heat disapation. The brakes worked amazing in the practice sessions and the race and I found I could go further into a corner that even the Mitsu-Evo or the Subaru all wheel drive cars. Under full load braking the car was straight and no hint of any tale wagging at all, maybe due to the larger pistons in the M calipers as opposed to the BMWs? After the practice race I checked the bearing play and noted the cross hatching was not even worn any on the rotors!

Thanks a million and I would say the test was a huge success as far as I am concerned. I will post some assy and race pictures later today or tonight.
Mueller
glad to hear this John !!!

can you please list some specs of your car?

I know it's a /6 conversion running 10" wide slicks or something like that driving.gif
Root_Werks
The mythicall hubs on a car!?! laugh.gif They do exsist! Man, just wish I could get a pair in 5 lug. sad.gif
914werke
agree.gif I thought they vanished into someones basement. smile.gif
Kidding, Mike are you or McMark gonna bring a these to WCC is so Ill bring $$
LouisCypher
And me 2 pairs in 4-lug driving.gif driving.gif

Louis
john rogers
Thanks Mike, the specs as follows: All steel body with glass, fiberglass flares with 15x7 rims and Goodyear 9x23x15 slicks (9.5 in wide). 2.0L six (184HP at rear wheels on a dyno) with oil tank, batt and trans pump/cooler in rear trunk. 12 Gal fuel cell forward of the bulkhead and huge front oil cooler. Only one seat with 6 pt roll cage, cool suit, video system, etc in the middle of the car. Trans has K-Q-V top gear set and GT limited slip so top speed is about 130 to 135 MPH and I shift with one of James' Rennshifts (great). It weighs 2300 # with me in the car so I guess I need to go on a diet??!! The car is about as low as I can get it as in Tacate I was sending sparks from the floor pan on some of the bumps, need some of those rub strips the rally cars use. I have 23mm T-bars in front, 300# springs rear Koni sport shocks, large front sway bar, stock rear sway bar hooked up. I use one of the Merc 23mm M/C and so far have had good luck with it. Oh yea, it is now purple with bright orange numbers!!!!
Brad Roberts
Thanks John. Sorry it took so long to get the hubs to you.

I'll be at the event. Mueller/me will have them with us for sale.

405.00$

Everyone interested:

We had to have them tested on a full blown race car under EXTREME conditions. John fit the bill, but we didnt like the first set of studs we recieved (John needed studs)

B
LouisCypher
Hi Brad,

are the hubs with studs or can they be used with bolts? What does the price include? Shipping to Germany?

Thx in advance,

Louis
Korijo
what if someone wants them, but wont be attending? (me, for example wink.gif )

could someone pick me up a pair?
john rogers
Thanks a zillion Brad. They were most definateky worth the wait. I showed a lot of the racers in Tecate and they were amazed at the machine work involved and how well the rotors went on. As I noted I used what pads came on the rebuild calipers and I'd like a recommendation on what to use with my current setup. I usually use Metal Master (Axxis) but if there is something better I'll switch. I have the BMW on the rear and plan to let it stay that way for now. The road had sections so rough that you could hear the cars bottoming out with a huge bang and I had to check the front suspension after each run session as last year the top strut mount bolts came out! Now they are lockwired! Thanks again.
Brad Roberts
Louis,

They are designed for use with the stock lug bolts (both steel or alloy wheel style)

Last Monday I was trying to find out where you where located in Germany. One of our "club helpers" (female) flew to Munich for 3 weeks and was going to end up in Hamburg (actually Luneberg) I had planned to send two sets with her for you... didnt happen. We will have to ship them.

Send me a email: sales@914world.com

We can get them out next week after I return from our WCC event.

B
Brad Roberts
Hi Dave, beerchug.gif

Glad to see you still posting. Hug the boys for me.

what if someone wants them, but wont be attending? (me, for example  )

could someone pick me up a pair?

Ecomm. They are on there and ready to go. I'll turn it on Tuesady the 26th of April when I return from the 05WCC track event. I dont have much content in Ecomm, but what we do have listed is ready to ship.

Just wish I could get this court crap done with.

B
Brad Roberts
Here is what they look like on the Ecomm site. I need a better pic without those crappy studs we first tried.

B
Brad Roberts
As I noted I used what pads came on the rebuild calipers and I'd like a recommendation on what to use with my current setup.

John,

I'm a huge fan of Porterfields.. and have a lot of endurance racing experience with Performance friction on the GT3RSR's and Cup cars. Keep the BMW's in the rear with semi stock pad for that caliper and use something aggressive in the front.

Please check the bearings OFTEN. It sounds like you put them through HELL.

Thanks again. Cant wait to meet you.

B
Korijo
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 18 2005, 01:07 PM)
Hi Dave, beerchug.gif

Glad to see you still posting. Hug the boys for me.

B

feels good to be seen...

Ecomm. They are on there and ready to go. I'll turn it on Tuesady the 26th of April when I return from the 05WCC track event. I dont have much content in Ecomm, but what we do have listed is ready to ship.

i think you'll sell all 25 pairs. you dont? idea.gif

Just wish I could get this court crap done with.

damn courts take their sweet time chair.gif headbang.gif
Brad Roberts
Dave,

I have a set already assembled. I will set them aside for you. I know you wanted a pair way back. Mueller and I will make sure we ship you the first set out the door early next week. Shipping was something like 8-10$

I hope things are going as well as it can for you. I'm in a world of shit right now trying to keep my head above water. If it wasnt for the club people and a few close friends, I'd probably be in a ditch right now face down in the desert with vultures pecking away at my eyes (or cops..however you want to look at it)

B
Brad Roberts
If/when the first 10 sets sell, I will imediately start another run of 25 pairs.

B
tat2dphreak
Brad,keep your head up, we are all behind you 110%, this whole thing is just pile of SHIT!!!
914werke
So Brad, first good to hear youll get to attend WCC.
As I mentioned above Im down for a set.
Q: Originally this was a complete pkg now its just the hubs ..w/seals/bearings?
lapuwali
$405 not $399.99?

Brad Roberts
Originally this was a complete pkg now its just the hubs ..w/seals/bearings?

I cant get enough decent calipers sooo... I'm going to just sell the hubs in any config you want (with or without seals/bearings/rotors) We are even looking at making spacers for the stock 914 calipers...

B
Brad Roberts
Thanks James ar15.gif ha ha

I have always disliked the 99.99 pricing format. It worked in the 50's/60's. It doesnt really make people "feel" any better about the purchase.

B
Qarl
Why wait for the WCCC?

Just order the hubs online at the 914club store...

It's easy to hack into...

You can also buy a $1 Wevo 915 transmission upgrade!
Brad Roberts
Quarl hasnt been hacking into it lately... the pricing is correct now..LOL and it is narrowed down to what we have right now to offer. We can lock/unlock each "division" so we can roll out as we get content.

B
Qarl
It still says $1.00

Qarl
Is that one of AA's restorable 914 tubs on the main page?

Qarl
Cool!

I tried to order the $405 billet hubs and the $1.00 Wevo Transmission Conversion, and it took me to Paypal and I got a SUPER discount.

Total for both products was $0.20 and only $0.11 Shipping.

Not bad for $0.31!
LouisCypher
Hi,

how do I get into the shop?

Regards,

Louis

McMark
It's not actually "open for business" yet. Apparently soon though.
LouisCypher
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Apr 18 2005, 01:04 PM)
Louis,

They are designed for use with the stock lug bolts (both steel or alloy wheel style)

Last Monday I was trying to find out where you where located in Germany. One of our "club helpers" (female) flew to Munich for 3 weeks and was going to end up in Hamburg (actually Luneberg) I had planned to send two sets with her for you... didnt happen. We will have to ship them.

Send me a email: sales@914world.com

We can get them out next week after I return from our WCC event.

B

Hi Brad,

do I have to do or say anything special to get an answer to my questions and maybe a set of those billet hubs from you? Is there any code word? If email does not work as a means of communication, how can we arrange it? If you are not interested in selling these things to me, please let my know, I won't bother you anymore.

Louis
Mueller
Louis,

PM me your address and I'll start figureing out the best method for shipping. I have never sent anything to Germany so I do not know the best method.

That was for 2 pair correct?

Mike

SirAndy
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ May 3 2005, 08:43 AM)
If you are not interested in selling these things to me, please let my know, I won't bother you anymore.

geee, the store isn't even open yet and we already have the first disgruntled customer ...

Louis:
THE STORE IS NOT OPEN YET

this thread was about a test run of the hubs to put them through some stress-testing.

"Geduld ist eine Tugend"
wink.gif Andy
LouisCypher
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 3 2005, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ May 3 2005, 08:43 AM)
If you are not interested in selling these things to me, please let my know, I won't bother you anymore.

geee, the store isn't even open yet and we already have the first disgruntled customer ...

Louis:
THE STORE IS NOT OPEN YET

this thread was about a test run of the hubs to put them through some stress-testing.

"Geduld ist eine Tugend"
wink.gif Andy

Hi Andy,

Nobody said, neither implicitely nor explicitely, that I had to wait until the opening of the shop.

Have you read Brad's post that I quoted? Apparently, you did not. Please read more carefully next time and do not yell at me.

Regards,

Javier

"Think before you speak" wink.gif
tat2dphreak
why would you think you could buy if the store isn't open for business...

if they are building a dept. store down the street, and you walk up to the construction guy and say "can I get these things" will they have it? no... but when the store is open you would be able to buy...

Mueller isn't selling to the general public yet... you can be in line witheveryone else on opening day... no one is saying you can't buy, just not yet
Brad Roberts
Do to my travels to LA today.. (I'll return Wed. night) The store will go live with what we have this week. Andy made some code changes and cleaned things up. It didnt make any sense to "go live" with three of the key players out of town and nobody to answer the emails.

Louis,

I apologize for not getitng back to you. Normally their will be 3 of us answering emails/phone calls, but one of the group is in Gernany right now and I have been traveling with the other person (nobody to man the store or ship parts out)

Hang in there.

Everyone returns Wed. night or Thursday night.

B
john rogers
Don't dispar, they are well worth the wait!!!!
LouisCypher
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 3 2005, 10:22 AM)
why would you think you could buy if the store isn't open for business...

if they are building a dept. store down the street, and you walk up to the construction guy and say "can I get these things" will they have it? no... but when the store is open you would be able to buy...

Mueller isn't selling to the general public yet... you can be in line witheveryone else on opening day... no one is saying you can't buy, just not yet

When the construction guy says to me "Send me a email: sales@914world.com" and "We can get them out next week after I return from our WCC event.", then it seems that the selling and shipping of the hubs does not depend on the completion of the construction. Otherwise, his utterances would absolutely make no sense. So if I send an email to the stated address and the WCC is long gone, and, like all my other emails before, this mail is not answered, it seems to me more than natural to ask was is going on.

Now that I know what is going on, I will be waiting.

Louis
Mueller
Mueller isn't selling to the general public yet...

I am not selling anything to the general public right now, especially the billet hubs since they are not mine to sell smile.gif

All I did was design, draw and test them, that was the easy part....paying for them and selling them is the hard part and that is not my gig smile.gif

......I just happened to have the 1st prototype pair before Brad got them...at least from this, I think we'll learn not to talk too much about a product until it is 100% ready to be sold/shipped.

Dr. Roger
PLEEEEZ talk to me. I love hearing about new prototype products and I won't get hypersensitive about anything. I promise! biggrin.gif

Wow.
wacko.gif

No human government has a right to enquire into private opinions, to presume that it knows them, or to act on that presumption. Men are the best judges of the consequences of their own opinions, and how far they are likely to influence their actions; and it is most unnatural and tyrannical to say, “as you think, so must you act. I will collect the evidence of your future conduct from what I know to be your opinions.”
James Charles Fox
SirAndy
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ May 3 2005, 10:13 AM)
"Think before you speak" wink.gif

ahhh, one of *those* guys ...

Welcome to the Club!
i somehow get the feeling we're going to have lots of fun with you ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
LouisCypher
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 3 2005, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ May 3 2005, 10:13 AM)
"Think before you speak"  ;)

ahhh, one of *those* guys ...

Welcome to the Club!
i somehow get the feeling we're going to have lots of fun with you ...
rolleyes.gif Andy

"Wie man in den Wald ruft, so schallt es heraus" wink.gif
Aaron Cox
lost something in translation...

As one calls into the forest, then it schallt out
Gint
Hey B&A!

nannernannernanner!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

We need a rasberry smiley.
SirAndy
QUOTE (LouisCypher @ May 3 2005, 02:35 PM)
"Wie man in den Wald ruft, so schallt es heraus" wink.gif

that was *exactly* my point ...

biggrin.gif Andy
bmcwilli
How do I find the ecomm site?

Thx
Mueller
QUOTE (bmcwilli @ May 5 2005, 06:07 PM)
How do I find the ecomm site?

Thx

it has not been activated yet....I'm sure when it is, there will be a link on the main forum page along with a long discussion on what people like and don't like about it biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
How are the 5 bolt hubs coming?? I am just sitting here waitin...........
Mueller
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ May 5 2005, 06:17 PM)
How are the 5 bolt hubs coming?? I am just sitting here waitin...........

we have to get new qoutes on the material/machining due to the increase in material costs headbang.gif
Mueller
Hey John....anymore track events running the new brakes and hubs????
SirAndy
oh. yeah ...

maybe i should have made that more clear, the eComm (The Club Store) is now active and you can buy the hubs there ...
biggrin.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.