Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Kenwood or origional Motorola
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I need help deciding between a new Kenwood or a restored Motorola.

Kenwood KMM-BT515HD (multimedia only no CD) 22x4 watts RMS
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KMBT515/Ke...MM-BT515HD.html

The semi original Motorola that has been restored by the Radio Dr?

I have already upgraded the original speakers using Morphs speaker pods and sub enclosure. I really don't want to have to install a sub in my front trunk but I feel I need the power to drive the speakers + sub.

Thanks

David
bradtho
Swapped my Motorola sapphire for a blaupunkt Frankfurt this year. It's better all around, but compared to a modern deck you gotta be prepared to reach over and fine tune the tuning.

I'm not running a sub, so can't help there. I'm driving a pair of 6.5in focals through an alpine power pack amp off the stock wiring. Plenty of power to listen at freeway speeds (and higher evilgrin.gif ) with the top off.

Good luck
TM_Corey
I'm sticking to my Craig 8 track installed in 11/74. smile.gif
porschetub
It's night and day sound quality or keep it looking stock,not hard to work out.
I have a mint Blaupunkt Frankfurt 2 channel and I have it tucked away in a dry place.
barefoot
A lot depends of if you're trying to stay concourse.
For me, i want CD (I listen to books on tape) & want front I-Pod jack in a set without glaring star wars look. No illusions of staying true to heritage.
Barefoot
Coondog
Had that radio for two weeks then traded it in for a Blaupunkt because it had Bluetooth issues. Was a Kenwood issue not a bad unit.
Harpo
No concourse here. Thanks for the heads up on the BT515HD I will keep looking.

David
porschetub
I'am running a Blaupunkt CD unit that is a few years old but never fitted to a car,has enough output for the small space.
Click to view attachment
Also using the larger fiberglass speaker pods,managed to squeeze JBL 6.5's in them which is a good solution for the limited size of the stock ones.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.