Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which is better: Renegade or KEP clutch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Bad News! sad.gif My clutch is 8" and I ordered the 9" per KEP's recommendation. I "thought" this was odd when I researched it months ago and Mr. Kennedy said the only way they could make my Jaide set up work is to modify my flywheel to accept their 8" double disc. The more recent KEP people I emailed said this 9" Stage III would work. Now I have to consider buying a new (KEP or RH) adapter, flywheel, and starter or revisit the KEP dd idea. Either way, I doubt I will have enough time to finish the car in the next few days...

skline
Renegade uses KEP to build their clutches and stuff so they are the same, I have the Kennedy 9" in mine with the Kevlar disc. I thought you said before that you got the same one?
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 18 2005, 08:29 AM)
Renegade uses KEP to build their clutches and stuff so they are the same, I have the Kennedy 9" in mine with the Kevlar disc. I thought you said before that you got the same one?

The Kevlar seems to one of those parts that you either swear by or swear at smile.gif

I'd want to test drive a car with the Kevlar before commiting....

neo914-6
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 18 2005, 07:29 AM)

Renegade uses organic (probably KEP) for 200mm but Kevlar for 238mm.

Scott and Mike, gear drive moving my accessories forward 1/4" is one of many things kicking my ass this week alfred.gif
My bad for not starting sooner, though.

Looks like my 914 is garage bound for this weekend but I will keep up the pace while I have momentum...
aircooledboy
As far as the disk material goes, I had the kevlar, and it slipped like hell. Since the car had some major issues right after I bought it, it isn't realy fair to say "kevlar sucks" based on my experience. And of course for reasons undetermined, I couldn't make my KEP stage III plate work with the organic disk. But, I love my current set up which is a Stage II KEP pres plate and an organic disk. Really a joy to drive in any conditions. Very smooth engagement in traffic, and locks up good and proper when it ought to. I have tried everything to see if I can make it slip and been unable to break it loose even the tiniest bit.
neo914-6
Ok, maybe I should start another thread but has anyone used a double disk 8"? KEP tells me it will hold 800 ft lbs torque!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.