Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Paint Their Trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
I was thinking about painting both trunks a different color from the car. I have seen pics from member's cars with silver or other colored trunks. Can you post one if you have done this so I can see if I like it please? Anyone have any thoughts or comments?
Click to view attachment
matthepcat
It will just make your car look like it was re sprayed a color different than from the factory color.
JmuRiz
In my opinion, the only sort-of good look with a different color in the trunks is if you carpet them.
mepstein
If its a different color it's usually because of an accident or someone who doesnt know 914's
Its usually considered a red flag when purchasing.
iwanta914-6
You see a lot of trunks painted black. That is often times because they are trying to hide something like rust or an accident as mentioned above. Personally I wouldn't do it, that trunk looks nice!
mepstein
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 1 2016, 01:28 PM) *

You see a lot of trunks painted black. That is often times because they are trying to hide something like rust or an accident as mentioned above. Personally I wouldn't do it, that trunk looks nice!

agree.gif I wouldn't dare paint over the yellow and I bet 99.9 percent of the guys on this site will agree with me. That trunk looks great!
era vulgaris
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 1 2016, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 1 2016, 01:28 PM) *

agree.gif I wouldn't dare paint over the yellow and I bet 99.9 percent of the guys on this site will agree with me. That trunk looks great!

agree.gif

When I'm looking at a car as a potential purchase, trunks that are not the same color as the rest of the body are almost guaranteed to be an immediate "walk away" for me.

Unless you're planning to keep the car forever, then do whatever you want. But if you think you might ever sell it, leave them body color.

IMO, trunks that aren't body color look really bad.
Mike Bellis
Makes it look like a hack restoration when the trunks are a different color.

It will also reduce your resale value.
Mike Fitton

This is a trick question right?
eyesright
You will find differences of opinion regarding backdating the bumpers but I doubt anybody would paint a trunk as nice as that one.
oakdalecurtis
I'm really glad I asked the group. It wasn't a trick question and I definitely will NOT paint the trunks now after hearing everyone's wise thoughts on the issue. Thanks to all that gave me good opinions.
chair.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.