Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone running 4 to 5 lug adapters?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
I know the 4 to 5 lug adapters aren't generally viewed as the "best" way to go...... but I'm researching the option, as I rarely "beat" on my car, nor do I race it.

Plus, I'd like to keep the 4-lug hubs in case I want to switch back, or put the fuchs back on, etc.

My question is: If I run a 4-5 lug adapter, what Porsche wheels can I use without rolling the fenders or installing flares, etc? Are there any P-wheels with the appropriate backspacing/width? Anyone done it already?

14' Fuchs? 15' Fuchs? Phonedials? Cookie Cutters?

Thanx--Matt beerchug.gif
neo914-6
I'm running them but with flares. I don't see how you could run them on an unflared body since they push out the wheel ~ 1" or more.
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 18 2005, 08:22 AM)
I'm running them but with flares.  I don't see how you could run them on an unflared body since they push out the wheel ~ 1" or more.

Yea.. I know I can run them with flares.... but I really don't know all the dimensions of all the P-wheels out there. Just figured I'd ask and see if there were any that I COULD do that with.
Mueller
for stock rear fenders, you'll need 6"/7" rims with approx 55mm offset...choices are late 944/968, 964, and pretty much any other P-car made after the 90's......

4 to 4 adapters would be better, but your choices of rims would be limited to the "ricer" rims......
Joe Bob
Yeah...if you are going to run adapters...stick with 4 to 4....the four to five ones are the cheesiest out there.

4x130 to 4x100 and there is a TON of rice wheels to choose from.

BTW...what's the matter with the Revolution wheels?

ninefourteener
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 18 2005, 08:35 AM)

The price.

BTW..... where can I find the 4 to 4 adapters? That would actually be better.. I just can't find them anywhere.

Mueller
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Apr 18 2005, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 18 2005, 08:35 AM)

The price.

BTW..... where can I find the 4 to 4 adapters? That would actually be better.. I just can't find them anywhere.

false economy once you start adding up all the costs.....

do a search here for adapters...someone posted a site that made custom adapters with really good prices just a few weeks ago at the most.....
ninefourteener
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 18 2005, 10:55 AM)

do a search here for adapters...someone posted a site that made custom adapters with really good prices just a few weeks ago at the most.....

I must be dumb...... can't find it sad.gif
Mueller
http://www.wheeladapter.com/

I found the thread.....adapters was spelt wrong wacko.gif
Eric_Shea
I could get you a set of drilled front rotors.

For the rears you can just get the 5-lug hubs and refit the 4-lug hubs if you wanted to go back. Everything would be a simple bolt on deal. No mods or anything. Use a -6 rotor on the rear and you're off to the races.

I believe Chase is using 5.5x14" Fuchs with adapters on his ride though.
scotty b
I had heard all the horror stories in the VW vommunity about them but decided to try it anyway. I had them on a baja bug running 31-10.50's and never had anytrouble. I checked them periodically for cracks and loose studs and no trouble for about 2000 miles when the "incident" happend. Melted #3, I mean MELTED it. Car was sitting in the driveway waiting for me to finish the engine when my CJ rolled off the trailer and shoved the bug into a black walnut tree headbang.gif headbang.gif
ninefourteener
Well.... I finally got a response back.

With everything.... after taxes, etc...... $285.00

Am I strange for thinking that's too much??
Mueller
for the 4 to 4 or 4 to 5??

California machine shop prices....

I'd check out eBay, there are a few people advertising much cheaper for basicly the same thing....$68 for a pair....that is killer price....

Wheel adapters/spacers

914fan
Have you tried calling the Major wheel dealers. In the few times I have been interested in a wheel most places I called said that they would be able to have the wheels drilled to match our 4x130 pattern. To make it worth thier while I would need to purchase a set of 5. Some didnt care if I just got 4. Try calling around. Id you call a place with enough volume they might be able to have a set drilled for you. Let us not forget that we are not the only people with a strange pattern.
Just make sure that they are willing to have blank wheels drilled (should not be a problem) to 4x130/ 8 holes is ugly enough.
Mueller
QUOTE (914fan @ Apr 19 2005, 08:38 PM)
Have you tried calling the Major wheel dealers. In the few times I have been interested in a wheel most places I called said that they would be able to have the wheels drilled to match our 4x130 pattern. To make it worth thier while I would need to purchase a set of 5. Some didnt care if I just got 4. Try calling around. Id you call a place with enough volume they might be able to have a set drilled for you. Let us not forget that we are not the only people with a strange pattern.
Just make sure that they are willing to have blank wheels drilled (should not be a problem) to 4x130/ 8 holes is ugly enough.

only company I know of that used to offer that was Centerline....I called them 2 years ago about doing the same thing with thier new line of forged wheels....the basicly told me I could go pound sand unless I want 40,000 rims.........

of course that was not going to happen smile.gif

now if you want to spend $700 for each wheel, Kinises or Fikse will gladly make you a 4x130 bolt pattern wheel ....
jhadler
Egads folks,

There's a TON of custom wheel builders out there that can make you a wheel of nearly any size, offset and polt pattern. And you don't have to pay the Fikse premium either. There are a host of steel wheel builders that will make you almost anything. And more than just a few companies that can make you pretty much anything in aluminum too, and for half the cost of a Fikse. What are you paying for with the Fikse? Weight and Strength. The Fikse (and others like it) will be stronger and lighter than many of the cheaper custom wheel builders.

Steelies will run you around $70-$100 each.
Custom alloy will cost anywhere from $200 each all the way up to the sky...

-josh2
Mueller
Custom alloy will cost anywhere from $200 each all the way up to the sky...

only alloy wheel manufactures that are close to $200 that I know of are Revolution and Panasport (Panasports now are about $240 each)...if you know more, post away biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.