Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Name that part thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tbox56
I spent a couple hours on the lathe this afternoon turning a custom part, and wanted to share, but also see who could figure out what it was for.

Have fun!

IPB Image
r_towle
Tranny speedo plug
injunmort
speedo housing on trans.
tbox56
And here I thought it would take at least a couple minutes! With my Subie conversion, I'm using an electronic spedo, and the gear drive was leaking, so I decided to plug it. One less seal that can fail!

IPB Image

IPB Image
914forme
glad to see I'm not the only guy who spent hours on a Metal Lathe today.

Nice looking solution.

They do come in handy, not sure how I worked on cars with out one for 30+ years. dry.gif
Chris914n6
Ok Lathe users... where do you get your materials from?

I haven't been able to find a local place to get machine shop type metal chunks from.
tbox56
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 1 2016, 07:14 PM) *

Ok Lathe users... where do you get your materials from?

I haven't been able to find a local place to get machine shop type metal chunks from.

I've got a couple places where i live, just metal supply shops, and if they don't have what I need, they can generally get it. I would talk to a local welder, and see where they get their materials, for little stuff, they may have just what you need in the junk pile already!

My father on the other hand, has me bring him supplies when i come up because he doesn't have anything nearby with a decent selection, and a fair price.

This piece started out as a solid bar stock, that was about half an inch in diameter too large, and i turned it down, because that is what I had in stock.

I hope that helps!
PanelBilly
And I was going to guess a butt plug for the Tin Man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.