Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DYNO day this Thursday....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
OK, I have 2 hours of dyno time booked this thursday...

this should be a lot of fun.

Trying to tune the MS on the street is a pain...I run out of speed limit VERY quickly...this motor revs up to 7 grand like no tomorrow...all the way from 2,000 revs...

I am going to tune all the nodes and then see what enrichments I need...

Any other tips??

Wish me luck!!
jhadler
No tips, but I'd really like to hear more about your MS setup. I'm looking at doing a MS system this summer, and any advice from those that have already gone that way would be great!

-Josh2
DNHunt
Herb

Look at using the log viewer. I really thought it was great.

We have a lot of hills so I got plenty of change in the vacuum at all kinds of RPMs. Second and third gear passes on the freway were helpful for WOT. I turned off all the enrichments and looked at the A/F ratio. Then I 'd look up the MAP and RPM and change the fuel map. It took about 5 datalogs and I have a very passable tune. A dyno would tidy it up if the guy running it was any good. The last time I did it the guy squeezed 1 1/2 hp out of it in an hour and a half.

Dave
crash914
UPDATE!!!!!

the dyno is cool...however...make sure that you have someone who knows what he is doing.... wacko.gif

I guess that this guy is used to doing drag cars etc....when I said that I wanted to hold certin rpm's and load all I got was a blank stare....

anyway, my afr is all over the place...I finaly got it rich enough to give a half way decent pull. got 134 hp and 165 ft lbs.

the printer ran out of ink, so no pictures....I was way rich at full throttle and lean at low rpm's. I know what I have to do now.

The key is getting a smooth VE map. I had a lot of peaks and valleys.

I still need further work on this as there is still a lot more HP there.

by the way, what symptoms do a broken motor mount make??? when I was doing burn outs I started to get a lot of wheel hop and the shifter started to move in strange ways?? if I was easy on the clutch and gas, I could start ok from a stop light and the rest of the gears were ok. hard launch or punch in 2nd, and strange stuff...CV bolts are safety wired and OK.
Clutch is a solid kennedy unit.
beerchug.gif

Mueller
the dyno is cool...however...make sure that you have someone who knows what he is doing....

I guess that this guy is used to doing drag cars etc....when I said that I wanted to hold certin rpm's and load all I got was a blank stare....

not too bad, it'll be nice to find out how much more HP you can squeeze out of it.....

you might want cut the dyno operator some slack, you might have choosen the wrong dyno for that type of test smile.gif

there are 2 types of dynos, one (the most common due to it being less expensive) is based upon accelerating a known mass, the other you can put an artificial load on it

good luck with it....
Andyrew
Thats a bunch of hp!!!

Whats the details on the engine for those that dont know?

I just came from the dyno myself... (yesterday) 240hp and 275tq... at the rear... eh..

Andrew
crash914
just for information....

2.666l big 4

103mm by 80mm

9.7:1 compression

twin throttle body fuel injection

secret cam by U know who.... unsure.gif

Anyone have info on motor mounts????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.