Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Nose cone for side shift transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jetsetsurfshop
Broke my transmission last weekend and looking for a replacement nose cone. Racing takes it toll. driving.gif
andrew15
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Oct 1 2016, 05:14 PM) *

Broke my transmission last weekend and looking for a replacement nose cone. Racing takes it toll. driving.gif

I've got one for the cost of shipping - let me know if you don't find one closer smile.gif
AM
bdstone914

I suspect the solid trans mounts played a role in the failure. The tail cone can be welded.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 3 2016, 04:39 PM) *

I suspect the solid trans mounts played a role in the failure. The tail cone can be welded.

I also agree with Bruce that the solid trans mount could be the reason and maybe the front engine rubber mount is also broken that made the engine/tranny move a little further and made the damaged.
Jetsetsurfshop
I agree that once the engine mount melted it was really easy for this to happen. I''be run this mount set up for years and the mount didn't melt before. We did 14 hour race last year with these same mounts. I was shocked to see this. Heat shield will be made to protect it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.