Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Parade Concours 914 pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
There were only four (!) 914s entered in the Parade Concours. Here they are with little discription.

The white pearl 914 was sorta strange. The car has GT flares but the whole car is painted in pearl, rockers, valances front and rear and inside the wheel wells. It has carbon fiber hoods etc, etc. The spent a fortune on it but why?
URY914
URY914
URY914
This red one was a very clean race car...
URY914
This was the black big wing car...(his was posted yesterday)

As this was my first Parade I don't have others to compair it to, but I think the turn out was very weak. I was with 3 other Parade newbees and we all were expecting at least twice as many cars. Even the race car display area had only 1-917, 2-962s, 4-935s, 1-910, 2-907s, 2-959s, 1-550, and others. Maybe 15-20 cars total. For a Parade in Florida, I would have thought that Brumos would be there in force along with Champion Racing and the Collier Collection cars.

As far as the other cars entered in the concours, how many Boxsters can you clean. There were a few cars that were over the f----- top, like a 904 that had a polished muffler and fuel tank. And a 911 race car that had never been on a track and the rear tires were rubbing the fenders.
Schnell944
that black teener is beautiful
Brad Roberts
My favorite around the concourse events:

1999-03 Boxsters and 996's winning their classes..

How hard is to clean a new car ??

Excellence did a article on a Boxster concourse winner... WTF ??

B
EdwardBlume
I concoursed my 911 once. That's all it took to drive me away. I still have nightmares about the judges and their friggin white gloves. Its a clean fest for the neurotic.

My apologies to the neurotics. ar15.gif
nealnorlack
These cars were meant to be driven. Not trailered around and cleaned with friggin Q tips!!!!!
Cheers, Elliot
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Schnell944 @ Jun 23 2003, 06:02 PM)
that black teener is beautiful

OMG..... I would give my left testicle for that black teener....whew!!
tod914
OMG..... I would give my left testicle for that black teener....whew!!

considering you gave your right for your green car,
that doesnt leave you with much bootyshake.gif
URY914
Yea, the black was nice, but it had no headlights. idea.gif
WTF? I guess you can only drive real fast during the day.

He also had a few of those fake bullet hole decals on the back.

Paul
72Signal914
Got the pictures up check out my post
Mountain914
Argh! I cannot open port 8000 (darn firewalls). headbang.gif
ss6
Ditto on the "meant to be driven".

My idea of concours is having someone pull up next to you at the light and say "nice car, man..."
Rouser
I wanted to attend the Parade's Concours event, but had a tough time convincing myself to go; preferred to check the oil and vacuum the insides of my 914 instead.

It might sound a little odd, but I had already attended one of the best 914 (or Porsche, for that matter) events in Florida the previous weekend, and the cars were all concours winners:
The black "Der Six" is a long time owned car that is really well set up for the track and as far as i know thats all he does with it. Not bad that you can take your hot six to the track AND a concours.....

GREAT car! clap56.gif
Kargeek
The white pearl 914 was sorta strange. The car has GT flares but the whole car is painted in pearl, rockers, valances front and rear and inside the wheel wells. It has carbon fiber hoods etc, etc. The spent a fortune on it but why?

OK Let's open this for discussion... Why Not Have it Your Way? Everyone has their opinions on what they like with a car and that’s what is cool. I say do it your way with what you have to work with. The pearl white is cool. I have never seen one done up like it. DH
ein 6er
paul,

that pearl 914 looks like the one i saw at moroso back in the late 80s, early 90s. the guy was from j-ville i think he was an MD of some kind, don't remember his name.
is there somekind of silver insulating pad on the firewall, engine side? the guy had just put that on, looked kinda cheezy. the guy had kevlar hoods on it. the tops were painted but underneath you could see the gold kevlar weave.

doug
URY914
OK I'll follow up on the open discussion,

My point was why spend $750-1000 on carbon fiber hoods (each) when nobody will know it until you tell them. wacko.gif

Why paint the inside(!) of the wheel wells and rockers a color that can't be matched when you go to touch up the stone chips? wacko.gif

I'm all for doing whatever you think you want (look at my car) but use a little bit of sence.

Paul
URY914
Doug,
I think it must be the same car. He was an older guy (late 50s to 60) and he was from Atlantic Beach (Jax). And he loved to talk about it.

Paul
ein 6er
paul, is that the antenna on the right side? i didn't notice that.

doug
URY914
Yes, an ELECTRIC antenna wired to the on/off switch of the radio.
Turn on the radio-antenna get wood.
Nice touch for the man who has everything.
TimT
I know the owner of the black car, that thing is wicked fast. The owner is very active in a NJ region of PCA. Last time i heard it had 2.7 in it, but it probably has something a little warmer in it now.

VCI has it on his website.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.