Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case Stud Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tbrown4x4
I've searched off and on for a while, and haven't found any great answers. Here's the story:

While disassembling my 2.0 bus engine (Sorry Jake), several cylinder studs backed out of the case. Should I remove the remaining studs from the case, or leave them alone?

When I put them back in, should I use sealer on the threads? Is there a torque spec?

Thanks in advance!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Oct 2 2016, 04:58 AM) *

I've searched off and on for a while, and haven't found any great answers. Here's the story:

While disassembling my 2.0 bus engine (Sorry Jake), several cylinder studs backed out of the case. Should I remove the remaining studs from the case, or leave them alone?

When I put them back in, should I use sealer on the threads? Is there a torque spec?

Thanks in advance!

I would pull the rest of them and reinstall with blue loctite. I would torque them to the same spec at the nuts that go on the other end. They usually do not back out unless the nuts are stuck on the other end.
Tbrown4x4
Yes, several nuts were very rusty. Thanks for the info!
N_Jay
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 2 2016, 07:36 AM) *

I would pull the rest of them and reinstall with blue loctite. I would torque them to the same spec at the nuts that go on the other end. They usually do not back out unless the nuts are stuck on the other end.

You don't torque the studs. Put them in with blue Loctite and deep enough to use all the threads in the case, but note stick into the case more than one turn.

The torque is applied when you put on the head nuts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.