Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DC automotive feedback
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Has anybody had any dealings with DC Automotive , I'm looking at buying a pair of Dansk heat exchangers but havn't bought from them before any feedback would be appreciated
Thanks Brian
Steve
I bought lots of stuff from them and never had a problem. I don't know about there customer service, since I never had a problem. Parts were always what I expected.
Catorse
Good outfit, buy with confidence.
stevegm
Rob is a great guy. He has about 15 or 20 914s. All stored inside (along with a few hundred 911s, etc.). His main products are not 914 stuff. But, he is certainly an expert when it comes to them (his first Porsche was a 914). Condition of used parts always varies, and I would expect that to be the case here too. Ask him for pictures. He used the fact that he would send pictures of parts before you buy them, as a selling point when he first started his business back in the 90s. He is an honest and fair seller, IMHO.
euro911
I only purchased from them once, and I don't even remember what was on the order (it was a long time ago).

I do remember they issued me a partial refund on something but only gave me store credit towards my next purchase dry.gif ... the credit has probably expired by now confused24.gif

I think I crossed them of my list after that.
struckn
I found them in the Porsche PCA Panorama magazine and called them to order parts that they had, at a great price. Would have cost a fortune otherwise if I bought them new from Germany. DC Auto is on the top of my go to list should I need something. Allow them time to check availablity and time for them to pull the parts off of the donner cars they have.
mepstein
The owner -Rob is best friends with the owner of our shop. We do a lot of business with him. He's a great guy but also no nonsense. I've been to his place plenty of times and if your buying new parts from him your good. If your buying used parts from him you want to get pics just so you both can be on the same page with your expectations. He knows the market so don't expect give away pricing.
BillC
I've had mixed dealings with them. I've gotten some good parts from them at reasonable prices. However....

Several times I placed an order and asked for it to ship right away, even paying for faster shipping, and they have taken up to a week to actually ship the part. One time, I was in a hurry to get a part and they promised it was on the shelf and ready to go and would ship immediately. Called them up several days later wondering where my part was, only to find out they never had it in the first place, just "thought" they did. When I asked them why didn't they call me when they discovered they didn't have the part, their answer was that they were going to but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Have not ordered from them since, still rather annoyed at them.
Bulldog9
Good outfit with a decent reputation. Spendy thought IMO
db9146
i"ve only ordered from them once a couple of months ago but I got the wrong part. I called and they sent a label for the return and refunded my money without question. Too bad it worked out that way but if I need to order parts again, I wouldn't hesitate based on my one and only experience with them.
euro911
QUOTE(BillC @ Oct 2 2016, 05:25 PM) *
I've had mixed dealings with them ... Have not ordered from them since, still rather annoyed at them.
Sounds like most of you had good experiences with them. All I remember was that they kind of left a bad impression on me too. Maybe they've changed their policy on refunds and actually credit back to a CC accounts now confused24.gif I think my order was for some 911/912 parts. I'd have to dig too deep to find the receipt now.
PlaysWithCars
I bought some unobtainable parts from them years ago for an MFI setup. I needed them ASAP when I broke them getting the car ready for Porsche Parade. They confirmed that they had what I needed and shipped them immediately to me. Car was put together and on its way to Parade by the next weekend. I would definitely recommend them.
RickS
Have been buying from them for years. Good quality, fast shipping. Never had an issue even with electrics.
porschetub
Very spendy,really wouldn't go there unless I had to ,anyway I wouldn't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.