Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche CB radio? 4742919528
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
2018 Update - Yes 1 1/4 years later I still haven't done anything with this car. This car will be going in the garage in mid Feb. Looking for anyone that would have a manual for it that they would be willing to photo copy and send to me?

Yes, I picked up another 914 (actually two) today. I bought 4742919528 a 1.8L with center console, sway bars, NO fogs, fake fuchs and..........a Porsche CB radio?

I have bought 914s in the past that had CB radios, but nothing that actually had the Porsche name on it. It was made by Motorola with distribution by VW. It is a kit made for the car from what I can tell so far. I haven't dug into the car yet, just cleaning out the mice nests. It and its garage mate have been sitting in a old carriage house for over 20yrs. The damp garage floor hasn't been nice to the underside of the car, but until I get it up on the lift and really get a look at it I won't know for sure it's fate.

I have never seen this setup before, pretty cool I think. I will be adding the vin info to the database in a little while.
wndsnd
That is really cool Garold.

johnhora
Well that's a 10-4 good buddy..

A Porsche CB...where do you find these things smile.gif
Michael N
Click to view attachment
pete000
Wow, that's a rare dealer installed option. Never seen one before.

Very cool find !
914Sixer
That would be a first for me too. Never have seen one.
Mike Bellis
Dibs if you sell it. smile.gif
Big Len
So cool....did the car come with the antenna?
dcheek
I had the same CB radio, NOS in the box for a VW, sold through the dealer. It had Volkswagen on the mic instead of Porsche. I ended up selling it on the Samba.

Dave
Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dcheek @ Oct 3 2016, 06:02 AM) *

I had the same CB radio, NOS in the box for a VW, sold through the dealer. It had Volkswagen on the mic instead of Porsche. I ended up selling it on the Samba.

Dave
Click to view attachment

That's cool! Wish you still had it, would have asked you to make a copy of the instruction manual just so I could have it for this set.
GeorgeRud
Though I've played with 914s since 1973, this is a first for me. Thanks for sharing!

Now if anyone actually finds a 914 with a gasoline heater ( not just the pictures)!, that would be another great find!
Kansas 914
It doesn't list the 914 as a model on the cover but does list 924/928 so I am thinking this was after the 914 had gone out of production.

Click to view attachment
billh1963
That's very cool!
GaroldShaffer
This car will be going in the garage in mid Feb. Looking for anyone that would have a manual for it that they would be willing to photo copy and send to me?

Big Len
Is that a '74? You need the entire manual photocopied?
markhoward
I have a couple of these. will see if there is a manual..
aharder
cool find Garold beerchug.gif
markhoward
Found it! Didn't know it fits a 'Porche'.. Garold, PM me with your address and I'll get a copy off to you. Mark

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(markhoward @ Jan 26 2018, 07:26 PM) *

Found it! Didn't know it fits a 'Porche'.. Garold, PM me with your address and I'll get a copy off to you. Mark

Click to view attachment

smilie_pokal.gif drunk.gif grouphug.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks Pm in a sec
GeorgeRud
Learn something new everyday! Neat find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.