Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI in Las Angeles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
Sorry to keep bugging people about PPIs. But I'd rather bug you all for a couple of days, and get the right thing, rather than buy a POS, and be pissed for a few years.

Here's the car.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/68916671.html

I just talked to the guy. Name is Brad. It was his Dad's car, original owner, and he's passed so he's selling it. Original FI. Looks like a 1.8. So it'll be a DOG to drive, but if the structure is good, I've got a good 1.7 here at home.

He says he is in LA off of SunSet by Dogers Stadium. I've got his number if anyone can swing by and take a look for me. He said any time is good.

Thanks guys...hopefully I won't need to keep posting PPI requests...
McMark
Maybe this could be a WCC event. 70 914s roll up for the biggest PPI in history. lol2.gif
CptTripps
I'm hoping to take delivery of SOMETHING on Friday...I've got it down to 3 cars...but this one just popped up...

That WOULD be funny though...

"Mind if I come over with a few friends to take a look at it?"
JoeSharp
I like it and there is a great burger stand close.
biggrin.gif Joe
Mueller
Looks like a 1.8. So it'll be a DOG to drive, but if the structure is good, I've got a good 1.7 here at home.

whoever started this BS needs to be kicked in the balls smile.gif

nothing wrong with a 1.8 motor or FI....PERIOD !!!!!!

I do like those hub caps on the car....
CptTripps
I wasn't knocking the FI...just the 1.8. (I'm used to my 2.0)

I'm probably going to end up re-doing another 914 soon, so cheaper is better right now. Just looking for a solid starting point. one-owner cars make me smile too. biggrin.gif
aircooledboy
Wow, does that look like a nice 2k car. beerchug.gif

SWEEET!!!!!! This was post #914 for me. boldblue.gif w00t.gif aktion035.gif monkeydance.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, he said the body was in real good shape. But we have all heard that before. I forgot to ask about the trunks, but I DID get the vin

Anyone???
SLITS
Being a '71, the only way it would be a 1.8 POS is if they bought a Genex Rebuilt or changed engines...It would be the "powerful" 1.7 you speak so highly of.

He's only about 35 miles below Camarillo.

" Long Train A Runnin' "
SLITS
QUOTE (McMark @ Apr 18 2005, 11:04 AM)
Maybe this could be a WCC event. 70 914s roll up for the biggest PPI in history. lol2.gif

It would either turn into a fistfight between the PPIers or the guy would haul out an Ooozzzzie and shot us all for bashin' his car. biggrin.gif
CptTripps
Ok, enough...I apologise for knocking the almighty 1.8. pray.gif

I've driven all three in the past, and the 1.8 was a turd compared to the 1.7 and 2.0s that I've had access to.

SLITS
Slower than a Turd if it was the smog engine!

Genex told me they would not rebuild a 1.7.....they would only produce a 1.8 and 2.0.

Nobody is bashing a potential buyer from Shaker Heights....I jus wanted to piss off Mike.
Type 4
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Tell him if he brings it by I will take a look at it for you.
He is about 45 min away on the freeway, from my house or Scotts.
bondo
I would highly reccomend that car over mine, if all checks out. It costs more, but from the looks of it you'd get alot more per $ than mine.

As far as mine goes, sorry I haven't gotten you more recent pics, last weekend's events were much more time intensive than expected. I'll try and do it this evening.
CptTripps
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Apr 18 2005, 02:30 PM)
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]Tell him if he brings it by I will take a look at it for you.

Thanks, bu tI need someone to go there to look at it. It runs, but he says the parking brake is stuck "on" so it draggs a little.
SLITS
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 18 2005, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Apr 18 2005, 02:30 PM)

Thanks, bu tI need someone to go there to look at it. It runs, but he says the parking brake is stuck "on" so it draggs a little.

As in "stuck rear calipers".........or..........the hand brake cables are so corroded they won't release.

#1 is a bad problem

#2 can be taken care of with bolt cutters.

Edit...you buy it, I have a set of good to go rears that will fit that you can have to drive it home!
markb
Hmmm, the ad was deleted. Did he sell it already?
Mueller
QUOTE (markb @ Apr 18 2005, 02:57 PM)
Hmmm, the ad was deleted. Did he sell it already?

Zois bought it...going to wash it, add some new vinyl decals to it and sell it for $6,000 smile.gif

CptTripps
Fuch....you gotta be kidding me....
Mueller
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 18 2005, 03:08 PM)
Fuch....you gotta be kidding me....

bummer.....that is the problem sometimes posting cars for sale...others see it and want it for themselves...did you talk to the guy?

hopefully he pulled the ad thinking you'll buy it for sure...........
bondo
Or maybe slits bought it for you and is installing rear calipers right now. smile.gif
Allan
It's still coming up for me.
Kargeek
The ad was deleted....If he still has it...

I'll be in the area tomorrow, Tuesday...I have to go to N. Hollywood and could stop by on my way back home in the afternoon. I'll be on the 5 fwy and going right past Dodger stadium. PM me and let me know if I can help. Dave Hall
SLITS
Naw, he read the post about the PPI fistfight and 70 teeners descending on his neighborhood......I'd delete the ad and run too!

Call him......
CptTripps
No, it's deleted.

If someone here bought it because I pointed it out, that'd be enough for me to stop coming here...give me a break.

bs.gif

I talked to the guy for about 30min today. I told him that I thought it'd be good, but I'd want a set of eyes out there to look it over for me. He said "No prob, I'll look forward to it." and that was the last we talked.

Anywho...the guy's name is Brad Miller. 213-482-4422

Tell him I sent you, and we'll see what happened.

Thanks guys...
CptTripps
Ok...it's still for sale. He just got an offer on it, and was waiting to talk to me before he sells it.

PLEASE can I get someone over there tonight, or on Wednesday? He's out all day tomorrow.

Thanks gang!
CptTripps
Talked to the owner again tonight. Sounds like a pretty good runner for me...just as long as it's solid.

Anyone here in the Hollywood area?
skline
Come on, someone up in the LA area needs to go check this out for him. He is a club member and should get the same respect as a local. If I was any closer to it I would do it for him but it's a 45 minute drive at least and I have to get my car done or I wont be going to WCC. Someone help him out here.

This will be a good bump anyway. icon_bump.gif
SLITS
Bumperoooo icon_bump.gif

I can't do it from Riverside and won't be in that area this week...
skline
icon_bump.gif Anyone in that area?? He is running out of time. I have work today and cars to finish all this week or I would do it myself. Who is in the LA area? I am sure you have asked favors from other members, time to pay it back.
bondo
I can't believe nobody has perked up and done this PPI yet.. Don't make him buy my car! biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif
CptTripps
Yeah, I huess everybody is busy...

Found this one in VICTORVILLE...wherever the hell that is. (Half-way between Vegas and LA I guess.)

1.8, single carb.

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../4/78761104.htm

And this one...

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../9/79059349.htm

It's in ESCONDIDO.

Anyone out there???
SLITS
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Apr 19 2005, 10:08 AM)
Yeah, I huess everybody is busy...

Found this one in VICTORVILLE...wherever the hell that is. (Half-way between Vegas and LA I guess.)

1.8, single carb.

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../4/78761104.htm

And this one...

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.co.../9/79059349.htm

It's in ESCONDIDO.

Anyone out there???

Victorville is approximately 33 miles from San Bernardino, CA (which is about 30 miles from the Center of LA). It is located on I-15 between Barstow (Hey Jarheads) and San Bernardino (Murder Capital of the World) in the high desert. If the guy selling it name's Vince....be careful.

Escondido is about 40 miles north of San Diego on I_215

Sorry, can't make either one for ya....
CptTripps
If the guy selling it name's Vince....be careful.

Nope..it's Josh.

I may fly in a day early and run around doing PPIs of my own then...
bondo
single carb.

Now THAT will be anemic no matter what engine you put it on. smile.gif
skline
QUOTE (bondo @ Apr 19 2005, 10:26 AM)
single carb.

Now THAT will be anemic no matter what engine you put it on. smile.gif

I dont know about that, I am only running a single carb on the Chalon. biggrin.gif
CptTripps
I know the problem...I mis-spelled Los Angeles! THAT'S why nobody can get out to look at it for me...nobody knows where 'Las Angeles' is! biggrin.gif

Looks like I'll have to do it myself on Friday after I fly in...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.