Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Built a 914 lift today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I needed something I could use to get cars one and off my Celette. Needs to be open so you can clear the pinch clamps. A two would work but I have in floor heat. Can't drill into the slab to anchor it. So I modified a 2500 lb. air jack. I added casters so it will roll around with the car mounted.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mueller
Nice, not too sure I'd lift a fully loaded car or not.
euro911
That shell looks to be pretty well stripped down and probably light enough. Pulling the deck lids off would make it lighter, and safer though.

However, the platform is a modification and it telescopes out several feet beyond where the jack's capacity was originally calculated. My cherry picker loses a 1/4-ton of capacity for every 6" of extension, but the hydraulic cylinder on it isn't nearly as beefy as the one on Rick's jack.

If only used like that for a quick move to the bench, I think it will be OK popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
A mechanic friend uses one of these to lift the front of 3/4 ton trucks. It lifts the 914 shell so fast it's scary. The test will be when I pull my 6 off the bench. It has full interior and rear suspension. I doubt it will even phase this air cylinder though.

I built it just for loading cars on the Celette. Very seldom have I ever benched a vintage car with the engine still in.

BTW: This is Juergen's factory 6.

Gunn1
Great modification, I like it!

Good job. beerchug.gif
mepstein
That's about 600lbs on that lift. The way Rick is using it, I can't imagine it's an issue.
Elliot Cannon
I like it. Nicely done. smile.gif
Daiberl
I like what I see biggrin.gif
mepstein
We just use one of our forklifts. I can't imagine what we would do without one.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 2 2016, 09:38 PM) *

We just use one of our forklifts. I can't imagine what we would do without one.

I was shopping for fork lifts and pallet lifts. I only have so much space that's why I settled for this air jack. When not in use it can just sit against the wall under my Celette.
914-300Hemi
I like it.
sixnotfour
Nice Rick ...
Toast
Coffee and chips. Great way to start. biggrin.gif
URY914
I had a pallet jack that I used t move my car around with, but it didn't get high enough off the ground to be useful. sad.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Toast @ Oct 3 2016, 01:44 PM) *

Coffee and chips. Great way to start. biggrin.gif

Cough drops. I have been sick with a cold for close to a month. Violent coughing attacks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.