Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Well I picked up a pretty big score from an old teener friend. He moved out of state and couldn't get rid of this car. So Trekkor and I rolled up on the new owners of the home and grabbed it. He said it was a good car, but I had no idea!!!! Came with the title and very little back registration.
McMark
It's a color change car, which is a minor bummer.
McMark
It's got great interior except the cut door panels. But it came with good replacement panels, so that's okay. The carpet is original and in good shape. Came with a center console as well, but it's on top the car right now.
McMark
The dash is in great shape. Some small cracks (4 or 5), but better than any dash I've ever had in a car.
McMark
Very good seats and backpad.
McMark
This car also came with the following:

4 Fuchs
4 BRAND 100% New sticker still on Kumho Ecstas (?)
4 Engine lids (3 with letters, 2 gold 1 chrome)
Spare rear glass and side windows
No engine, but included the sideshifter.
When we rolled up it was on 4 brand new beefy jack stands and had a 2.5 ton Sears floor jack under it.
1 set of hollow torsion bars (for a 911 I think)
1 adjustable front sway bar (not installed)
2 rear sway bars (not installed, obviously laugh.gif )
Nice early chrome bumpers
Complete spare front suspension (914 I think)

So lots of extra goodies.
McMark
Now for the price. East coast quality rust damage. No wonder he had trouble getting rid of it!! Ouch. I have a car I'm about to cut up, so this worked out perfectly. This car would have been a shame to part out. It's too nice. OH, it's a 74 2.0 chassis, BTW.
Allan
Excellant score!!!!!!!!!!
balljoint
Thank you for posting that last pic.

Very nice score.
CptTripps
QUOTE (balljoint @ Apr 18 2005, 02:01 PM)

Very nice score.

agree.gif

I was getting worried there....
Eric_Shea
Comes with it's own jackstands! smilie_pokal.gif It IS a 914!! w00t.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(balljoint @ Apr 18 2005, 02:01 PM)

Very nice score.

definately a great score... if you hadn't mentioned the rust I would offically hate california!

you and you damn free cars!! headbang.gif
McMark
It's going to be an interesting repair. Definitely the most involved work I've done. Once it's repaired I'm thinking I'll use some of my spare parts and build a 1911 for it with carbs. Should be fun with that motor.
Trekkor
When we were loading it onto my trailer I told Mark to wipe the drool off his lip.

( I might of had I little, too ) dry.gif

Score of the century award contention, no doubt.

Carbs, huh? I knew you'd come around. lol2.gif

Congrats. Nicely done.

KT
ThinAir
What a score! (even with the east-coast damage).

So the tub you are about to cut up isn't the one you offered me is it? I've been wondering what ever happened with that.
boxstr
That rust repair panel for the engine bay is availble from Restoration Design.
CCLINSAVEEMDONTCUTEM
McMark
The damage goes through the long. It's a certified Hell Hole X-treme ®.
r_towle
you guy need a real man to fix that...

Get foley to come out and show you how east coast rust is done...

Thats not that bad, mine had more and I have been driving it for six years now....

east coast rust....mmmm theres a difference???

Our rust is serious, when east coast rust arrives, it arrives to kill, not just to wreck paint....

R
McMark
Thread REVIVAL!

I FINALLY got it welded up. The whole thing didn't turn out to be too difficult. Lots of welding and grinding. welder.gif

Now to find it a new home. I have one possible buyer, and a running 1.7 to throw in it. driving.gif

IPB Image
So.Cal.914
Nice for free or otherwise.
dlo914
What?!? blink.gif No Clutch PEDAL? blink.gif
McMark
When you unhook the clutch cable (motor out) the pedal goes to the floor. If you look at the top of the 'slot' you'll see a small bit of dark black. That's the pedal. wink.gif
dlo914
hehe yea i didnt see that until i posted the pic. i remember now when i pulled the engine out the same happened. i just thought it was one of those rare sportmatic editions confused24.gif hehe biggrin.gif
dlo914
i recall you saying that the car came w/ two rear sway bars. Willing to sell one of them? But then again, im gonna install a stock front sway bar, would the car handle even better w/ the a rear bar?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.