Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hseymore1
Although this is not my first complete 914 restoration, this is the first time I am having this problem. I am at that point where I have the engine /trans back into the car. All systems go the engine runs great. I can fell it notch into all gears except first. Yet when I shift from under the car manually selecting first it notches in and hold. When I shift from in the car using the shift lever it wants to jump of first I have followed the shop manual instruction to the letter to no avail...Any suggestions out there.
HS
stugray
QUOTE(hseymore1 @ Oct 3 2016, 12:21 PM) *

Although this is not my first complete 914 restoration, this is the first time I am having this problem. I am at that point where I have the engine /trans back into the car. All systems go the engine runs great. I can fell it notch into all gears except first. Yet when I shift from under the car manually selecting first it notches in and hold. When I shift from in the car using the shift lever it wants to jump of first I have followed the shop manual instruction to the letter to no avail...Amy suggestions out there.
HS

Tailshift or side shift?

Last time I replaced the side shift bushing in the rear console, I put it in backwards and it blocked the linkage from going back all the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.