Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the HarborFreight.com 'Gotcha'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
their website says 14 BUSINESS DAYS. they mean it.

my local HF retail store is convenient enough but their selection sucks and you can never find anything. so i ordered up a small selection of light items (no Chinese cast-iron anvils...) on April 5.

my card was charged April 7. by April 13 i hadn't heard diddly and emailed to inquire. i was eventually able to pry a UPS tracking number out of them - but it's STILL not in the UPS system today, April 18, two "real" weeks from date of order and yet another "real" week before i can expect delivery.

they couldda drop-shipped this sh!t directly outta China and had it here faster!

here's what they do: they put the stuff on a truck and drive it around. i don't know what else is on the truck, and i don't know where else it goes. from Camarillo, California to Canada, and Mexico, and back, near as i can tell, because it's *STILL* not on the east coast yet. anyway, they truck it by horse-drawn carriage to New Jersey and *then* they UPS it.

so beware, especially if you're on the east coast -- don't be in a hurry for anything, becuase it's going to take THREE FRICKKIN WEEKS before you get your stuff.

they have moved WAY down my list of potential suppliers for stuff with this baloney...
914GT
Last week I got a UPS delivery, assumed it was another box of 914 parts I ordered. Instead, it was from Harbor Freight. It was a replacement window for my blast cabinet I ordered sometime last year and forgot all about it. Shipped from India.
john rogers
Me too, I got a replacement spindle for my drill press and it came from China. The wrapping was pretty neat, old Chinese newspapers. I did buy a mill machine and it came freight to my driveway in about 5 days and shipping was FREE!
JerryP
I hear ya Rich. 3 weeks is about normal. That's how long its taken every time I've ordered online. Just went on Saturday to the Norristown store(across from the hospital) and got a bunch of stuff. True there is not as big a selection but the place was empty on Saturday morning. I parked in the first space and walked out with a trunkload of stuff $120.....and I even forgot my $10 coupon.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (JerryP @ Apr 18 2005, 05:17 PM)
...the Norristown store (across from the hospital)...

i know it well - that's my "local" HF store.
FWIW - i think the Allentown store has a much better stock.
i was initially glad that the Norristown store opened because it saves me an hour and $2 on the tolls, but for some reason the inventory is low and the store poorly organised. maybe they have to restock at HarborFreight.com !
ArtechnikA
UPDATE: this just in...

One of the two packages allegedly shipped together was delivered today. naturally, it was the one with stuff i don't need right away... the other is *still* not in the UPS system. wonder how they manage that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.