Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver's Seat Adjuster Handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Movin6
I started to replace the forward / backward adjust handle on my 70 914-6. (It's been broken and I've had the replacement for years, but removed the seat to lube the rails, so today was the day.) Until I noticed it was riveted on, and the replacement plastic handle needed to be drilled. A few years ago, I would have drilled the old rivets and pop-riveted it in.

Is there a proper way to do it that looks more original? Looks like the hrivet heads are tapered and the hole drilled is countersunk. Or am I being too picky and even a concours judge wouldn't notice?!

ConeDodger
I was going to tell you to lighten up and use any rivet until I saw that it is a /6.

Check with McMark. If anyone knows where to get the right rivet he will. And at the very least, he'll tell you to lighten up and use any rivet... biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
If you picked up the old nylon replacement handle, it will break at one of the drilled holes in fairly short order if you use it. (I'm talking the old ones we used to get from Automotion.)

Look for a metal replacement. The most common metal ones are flat, which doesn't look right. You may be able to get one from an old seat rail if you're lucky, though. Or someone might be making a decent one now.

--DD
914Sixer
Put a WTB in the classified and get an original one.
TheCabinetmaker
Don't know if its for a six, but......

http://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...adjuster+handle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.