Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rubbers new front trunk seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falcor75
This weekend I fit the new version of the front trunk seal from 914 Rubber.
Great improvment over the old version. The old one I got was much too long across
the width of the car and wouldnt fit right. The moulded corners are great.

I forgot to snap some pictures but I'll try to get some up after work today.

Thanks Mark & Co for doing what you do!
falcor75
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
walterolin
Looks good. Did you use glue? I have a new one to put in.
TheCabinetmaker
That looks very nice. Any issues with trunk lid closure and or fit?
mmascari
What kind of glue do you use for this? I also need to install mine.
JP3
I have a new one also. I just placed it in the trough but did not glue it down so I can lift it to get any water out if I get caught in the rain.
sb914
Can you see the seal with the truck closed ?any pics with trunk closed ?
Thanks Eddy
Mikey914
Thanks for the props Mats.
76-914
No glue needed. Fits tighter than Socks on a Rooster. In fact you need to massage it in place. One of Marks best products yet. beerchug.gif
falcor75
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 5 2016, 01:20 AM) *

No glue needed. Fits tighter than Socks on a Rooster. In fact you need to massage it in place. One of Marks best products yet. beerchug.gif

agree.gif

No glue needed. I'll take a pic with the hood closed later but since I'm using a glassfibre hood it might not be the best fit compared to a steel hood.

falcor75
Pictures with the hood closed. The seal looks normal as far as I can tell.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jkb944t
I have a new seal too and it is a huge improvement over the original seal. I just pushed it into the seal channel and it fit great but I did glue it down in each of the corners with some 3M trim adhesive just to be sure it stayed in place.

The trunk lid closes beautifully with this new high quality seal. I highly recommend it to anyone that needs a front trunk seal.

Jeff B
Mikey914
Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn't making these for years and was having to source from the one game in town that was, and doing so inexpensively. I was buying them for about 1/2 of what these sell for but finally decided to bite the bullet and do it right. These don't sell as fast (they are about $20 more), but the difference is night and day.

So it's nice to see when others can appreciate the effort.
maddin
Just fitted the old version that came with the big rubber kit...doesn't fit well at all...I don't think it's much use really.
Might have to order the new version sad.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(jkb944t @ Oct 5 2016, 08:12 AM) *

but I did glue it down in each of the corners with some 3M trim adhesive just to be sure it stayed in place.

You should NEVER use any glue for the front trunk seal. It prevents water from moving through the channel, and that's how your front trunk gutter will eventually rust through.
914rubber's new front trunk seal fits so well, there's no reason to glue it. Ever.
Jett
Mark, does 914 Rubber now only sell the new and improved front trunk seal? Is the rear trunk seal also newly designed?

I want to purchase the new versions but want to make sure we don't end up with the older style.

Thanks

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 5 2016, 06:49 PM) *

Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn't making these for years and was having to source from the one game in town that was, and doing so inexpensively. I was buying them for about 1/2 of what these sell for but finally decided to bite the bullet and do it right. These don't sell as fast (they are about $20 more), but the difference is night and day.

So it's nice to see when others can appreciate the effort.

Mikey914
I now sell only the new front trunk seal. The upper bulkhead you have the option of the OEM or the larger seal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.