Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto atlanta seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
What seals are better, oem or reproduction the price on reproductions are alot cheaper but does that mean that they are inferior?
BIGKAT_83
I redid my window and targa seals with the repo seals from AA. I got these during the "big 20% off" sale I could not be happier the fit was great.

I just wished I'd had the money to buy the complete kit at the time.

Bob
SLITS
They're great as long as they don't come with plier marks in them!!!!
jgiroux67
So there isnt a problem with the glue on reproduction ones? Do they last as long as the oem ones with the metal in them?
SLITS
Huh? There is no glue on the seals and no metal in them....unless you are talking the engine lid seal, inner door seals, trunk (s) seals, and bulkhead seals.

If you want that stuff, email a914luvr@sbcglobal.net and get his repro stuff...works nice and is prolly a lot cheaper.
jgiroux67
Ha, sorry. I'm talking about the windshield to dash seal and the engine lid to rear window seal.
BIGKAT_83
When I did my windows I also installed a new windshield and used a new dash to windshield rubber seal This was also a repo and it fit fine no problems at all.

Bob smile.gif smile.gif
chilli
beerchug.gif Do not use an aftermarket front trunk seal they do not work,
mike driving.gif
bd1308
i have a AA front trunk seal...and it works very well....no water at all....i even trust it to store my lazerjet III till i get around to fixin it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.