Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally Done
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jor
Finally done and I just thought I'd share! biggrin.gif

Thanks to Marco and Tony at TLG in North Hollywood!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mueller
Dang, that is nice!
Ferg
That looks really really nice.

Congrats now go driving.gif
TM_Corey
Beautiful!!

keely444
Nicely Done ! Enjoy
green914
Way cool! Love the color smilie_pokal.gif
jor
The shifter knob is the German autobahn sign for "end of all regulated speeds." Just a cool touch. Thanks for all the kind words!
A&P Mech
Love it!
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(jor @ Oct 4 2016, 12:50 PM) *

The shifter knob is the German autobahn sign for "end of all regulated speeds."

Very nice touch! Anyone that has driven on the autobahn enjoys seeing that sign.
JmuRiz
Great looking car, who did your dash!
malcolm2
from your picture, you might be DONE. I don't think I will ever be truly done. I am done enough, but the wife still considers it as under construction.

Great looking car!
jor
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 4 2016, 11:10 AM) *

Great looking car, who did your dash!

A prior owner did the dash cap and I don't have a receipt for it. It's stitched leather and classes the place up a bit.
mbseto
Gorgeous car!
iankarr
Congrats! Beautiful job.

But you know what they say...it's never "done" till you sell it!

Curious...was it originally Ravenna Green?
74ravenna
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Oct 4 2016, 03:16 PM) *

Congrats! Beautiful job.

Good try! laugh.gif
jor
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Oct 4 2016, 12:16 PM) *

Congrats! Beautiful job.

It's not for sale! biggrin.gif

But, no, it wasn't originally Ravenna. Door code is L98 and it was originally Sepia Brown. A prior owner had painted the car ice white, apparently with a plant mister bottle, painting the engine and tank bays in a thick black. I found original paint under the white in the front trunk and masked a rectangle of it, on the passenger-side wheel well, in case anyone wants to take her back to original and needs a color sample.

Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(jor @ Oct 4 2016, 02:37 PM) *

Congrats! Beautiful job.

But, no, it wasn't originally Ravenna. Door code is L98 and it was originally Sepia Brown. A prior owner had painted the car ice white, apparently with a plant mister bottle, painting the engine and tank bays in a thick black. I found original paint under the white in the front trunk and masked a rectangle of it, on the passenger-side wheel well, in case anyone wants to take her back to original and needs a color sample.

Click to view attachment

As much as I love Ravenna, Sepia Brown is pretty awesome and rare. Nice of you to keep a bit of it for future reference.
napasteve
Great car! The color really pops. Looks great with the Fuchs. Ravenna Green is one of what I like to call the "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" colors along with Olympic blue and several of the Oranges.
iankarr
QUOTE(jor @ Oct 4 2016, 03:37 PM) *

Congrats! Beautiful job.

Click to view attachment

HA! Very cool. Enjoy it. BTW...great signature on your posts. And nicely updated.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(napasteve @ Oct 4 2016, 02:53 PM) *

Great car! The color really pops. Looks great with the Fuchs. Ravenna Green is one of what I like to call the "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In" colors along with Olympic blue and several of the Oranges.

Also known as "Jelly bean" colors
Cairo94507
Congratulations on finishing your car - it looks beautiful. Now drive it and enjoy it. smilie_pokal.gif
jor
I think a 914 looks great in any of the Skittles colors. And, back in the early '80s, I remember calling Ravenna Green "puke green" or "bile," but I always wanted one. I think the bright-color style aged well. Sepia doesn't attract me the same way, but I didn't want to be untrue to the car and left a little of the original paint as a reminder of its original build. Really, why not?
jor
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 4 2016, 02:25 PM) *

Congratulations on finishing your car - it looks beautiful. Now drive it and enjoy it. smilie_pokal.gif

I've put 125 miles on her in the last 3 days and have her at work this morning in the parking garage. You forget how well 914s drive when they've been on jack stands for so long .... evilgrin.gif

When's yours coming back? happy11.gif
My 914
The Ravenna looks great on your car!
orthobiz
Ravenna is one of my favorites. Love it!

Paul
altitude411
Wooo Hooo!!! Congratulations... Be u t ful beerchug.gif

*sammit* photo to the calendar thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=295581
Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif beerchug.gif
boxsterfan
Love Ravenna Green!! Great looking 914!! first.gif
Dion
That is a gorgeous 914. Love that colour. Well done mate.
Cairo94507
Jor- I wish I knew. I was hoping it would be by spring (2017) but I am not optimistic at this point. Scotty is having some personal issues plaguing him.
whitetwinturbo
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Blue6
QUOTE(jor @ Oct 4 2016, 09:49 AM) *

Finally done and I just thought I'd share! biggrin.gif

Thanks to Marco and Tony at TLG in North Hollywood!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Saw that beauty at C&C in La Crescenta Sat. That color just draws people in. smile.gif
jor
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 4 2016, 07:51 PM) *

Jor- I wish I knew. I was hoping it would be by spring (2017) but I am not optimistic at this point. Scotty is having some personal issues plaguing him.

I'm sorry to hear that about Scotty. sad.gif
jor
[/quote]

Saw that beauty at C&C in La Crescenta Sat. That color just draws people in. smile.gif
[/quote]

Thank you again for all the kind words.

That was my car alright. Here it is this morning in its natural habitat: the garage at work. Cool drive with the top off, but the heat works!

Click to view attachment
NS914
Beautifu!!! Congratulations...now get out there and enjoy it!
Cairo94507
You know, as we get older we all get back aches, head aches, butt aches, you name it. Heck I am recovering from being sick for about 2 weeks now. I had a great talk with Scotty today and I am confident all is well and I know my car is in good hands.

This is the problem with these talented, mad-skills guys - they get super busy because everyone finds out the quality of their work and we all want our cars done correctly. Guilty as charged. I may have to wait, but I know when I get my car back it will have been worth the wait.
jor
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 5 2016, 02:22 PM) *

You know, as we get older we all get back aches, head aches, butt aches, you name it. Heck I am recovering from being sick for about 2 weeks now. I had a great talk with Scotty today and I am confident all is well and I know my car is in good hands.

This is the problem with these talented, mad-skills guys - they get super busy because everyone finds out the quality of their work and we all want our cars done correctly. Guilty as charged. I may have to wait, but I know when I get my car back it will have been worth the wait.

So, so true. I'm glad that Scotty's okay and applaud your attitude, which will guaranty you a gorgeous car and a cadre of friends! beerchug.gif
flyer86d
O is that nice! Congratulations!

Charlie
pete000
Perfect contender for the 2017 Calendar !
Heeltoe914
WOW!!!! my bucket list color, Nicccccce
somd914
Very nicely done. And good inspiration to get back to work on prepping my Ravenna green car for a respray. Congrats!
7TPorsh
Hey Jordan, nice meeting you Saturday.

I can attest that this car in person looks 10 times better than the pictures ...if you can believe that!
jor
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 5 2016, 07:56 PM) *

Hey Jordan, nice meeting you Saturday.

I can attest that this car in person looks 10 times better than the pictures ...if you can believe that!

Wow! Thank you so much for the complement, Gary. You know your 914s and it means a lot coming from you.

Heeltoe914: sorry I missed you at last week's cars/coffee; I met Gary and saw Kim, but didn't see you. Next time!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.