Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust flow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Might be a dumb question, but what if any effect on mixture will less or more flow have on a. Weber equipped engine
stownsen914
A rule of thumb is that less exhaust back pressure requires some jetting enrichment. How much of a jetting change depends on what change you're making to your exhaust (e.g. just swapping mufflers vs. going to an open exhaust for a track day). A typical jetting adjustment would be one of two main jet sizes.
jeffdon
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Oct 4 2016, 11:22 AM) *

A rule of thumb is that less exhaust back pressure requires some jetting enrichment. How much of a jetting change depends on what change you're making to your exhaust (e.g. just swapping mufflers vs. going to an open exhaust for a track day). A typical jetting adjustment would be one of two main jet sizes.

My muffler is really old. I think my jets are close, might be time to try a new muffler. A buddy followed me and said I smell like i am running Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.