Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AMC Cylinder Heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
Looking for feedback for the the above thread topic because I am getting ready to drop the dime:

What is your set up...ie compression ratio...cam...ect.?

Where did you get them?

Need the feedback for my 2056 build and this is one of the last big items. I plan on running d-jet...modified for the bigger jugs.

Thank in Advance folks.
Dominic
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 4 2016, 04:49 PM) *

Looking for feedback for the the above thread topic because I am getting ready to drop the dime:

What is your set up...ie compression ratio...cam...ect.?

Where did you get them?

Need the feedback for my 2056 build and this is one of the last big items. I plan on running d-jet...modified for the bigger jugs.

Thank in Advance folks.

I got mine from the Type 4 store many moons ago, but they are highly modified for the 2270 I built (I think they are the LE 200 heads). They start out as new AMC castings, so they are much easier to modify (weld/machine) than used (heat cycled) heads.

HAM Inc
The castings are great, the parts are crap, including the valve seats and guides.

We throw away everything but the fasterners; they're actually pretty good.
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Oct 4 2016, 07:48 PM) *

The castings are great, the parts are crap, including the valve seats and guides.

just curious are these your preferred option, the only option or just a good option once you replace all the crap parts?
my long term plan dream is to do a d-jet 2056, so just stockpiling knowledge

beerchug.gif
cjl
HAM Inc
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Oct 4 2016, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Oct 4 2016, 07:48 PM) *

just curious are these your preferred option, the only option or just a good option once you replace all the crap parts?
my long term plan dream is to do a d-jet 2056, so just stockpiling knowledge

beerchug.gif
cjl

It's the only option from our shop. We stopped working with used T4 heads in 2014.

AMC doesn't offer a 2.0 914 head. They only offer 2.0 bus heads. We convert them to 2.0 914 specs, including CNC machined chambers, and ports along with 3 intake studs and M10 temp sensor threads. That makes them plug and play replacements for the O.E. heads and work with the factory F.I.
914_teener
So Len you are still doing them.

I know quite a few people who are replacing 2.0 heads from cycling cracks it just is not worth it to pull them after a year due to a cracked head.

DRD sells them but they run them with the seats and valves that come with them.

Anybody else?
HAM Inc
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 4 2016, 06:43 PM) *

So Len you are still doing them.

I know quite a few people who are replacing 2.0 heads from cycling cracks it just is not worth it to pull them after a year due to a cracked head.

DRD sells them but they run them with the seats and valves that come with them.

Anybody else?

Still doing new heads? Yes. Used heads? No.

The valves and seats and guides and springs and retainers that come in the amc heads are crap.

And even if they weren't, the valves are 2.0 bus sized; 39mm x 33mm. Much smaller than the 42 x 36 valves that the 2.0 914's came with.
HAM Inc
This is worth a quick view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z69UualaQMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z69UualaQMk
McMark
Whoa.... blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.