Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taylor picked up a new project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
A few of you have met my son Taylor. He was at WCR this last year and was kind of bummed his big bro picked up a 914. Well Wes was nice enough to get us a project shell that will be the subject of as shell up build. It's an ivory white and I'm encouraging him to do it with maybe a Singer inspired theme. Real simple, mostly stock, but a little something extra.

He is also working in the machine shop so I have a feeling we may be launching a few more new parts!

Something that kind of looks like this- only 914
mb911
Awesome.. I hope my kids get the sickness as well..my 12 year old seems the most interested
altitude411
Very cool Mark. Cant wait to see his project. popcorn[1].gif
*subscribed
JmuRiz
I think we all want to 'singer-ize' our cars, we just don't have $100k+ to throw into it to get it done right....right?
Catorse
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 5 2016, 09:31 AM) *

I think we all want to 'singer-ize' our cars, we just don't have $100k+ to throw into it to get it done right....right?

Yeah you wish it was 100K. The Singer treatment is something like bring your 964 and 300K and we'll give you a Singer.....
JmuRiz
I'm just being realistic, I could make a killer car for $100k more than I have in my already and be more than 50% there biggrin.gif

I think the Singers are pushing $500k now, since they have a 100 car waiting list.
Mikey914
We're planning on a mostly stock with tasteful mods that can be taken off or removed is desired.
Mark
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 5 2016, 03:00 PM) *

We're planning on a mostly stock with tasteful mods that can be taken off or removed is desired.
Mark

How old is he?
My fifteen year old is already talking about ducktails, rear reflector and subwoofer and were just getting ready for the metalwork. dry.gif
Mikey914
He's 23 and had a 914 he wrecked - It's the rusty one Cary is fixing up for me. Too deep of a project for him to get into, but this one is just right. He'll learn some metal work, and paint. We will probably build a 2056, but given he's working in the machine shop I think he may have a few ideas for new stuff.
76-914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif Come on now Mark. You know half of us can't read and the other half can't spell.
Mikey914
I'm poking him to start a build thread and he should be posting soon. Lots of before pics now.
It literally is a shell... with wheels.
dcheek
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 5 2016, 09:35 AM) *

I'm just being realistic, I could make a killer car for $100k more than I have in my already and be more than 50% there biggrin.gif

I think the Singers are pushing $500k now, since they have a 100 car waiting list.

A new Singer was at this year's Hershey Porsche Swap Meet. I asked the guy all in how much. He said his was more or less an entry level model and it cost him $450,000 plus the 964. While it sounds absolutely ridiculous, seeing it in the flesh was breathtaking. Funny thing is this guy is driving he heck out of it (the complete opposite of what I would do). The first week of ownership he put 1100 miles on it. Plus, when we were leaving Hershey Park, we saw it parked in precarious position at a biker bar, with cars literally a few feet way from clocking the rear end as they pass by. Must be nice to have that kind of money and enjoy the car for what is was meant to do - drive.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.